hi any1 else have a prob wiv their hair Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rockqueen
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
im new by the way so thought i wud say hi. i have a really stupid problem. my hair has been short for ages( chin length) and its always looked a mess so recently ive grown it longer to shoulder length.
however i want to tie it back but dont have the guts to coz evry1 has been used to seeing it down for years. im too embarrased to go out wiv it tied back. is there somethin mentally wrong wiv me lol. i know it sounds really stupid - im 17 by the way and sound really immature
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no my hair is really nice. people always run their hands through it though.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did have an afro but I got it cut the other day so its nice and short now. My hair does annoy me though. I am too conservative to get anything proper done to it though.
Rockqueen
(Original post by dakhal)
can i just ask wot products do ya use on it lol
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rockqueen)
im new by the way so thought i wud say hi. i have a really stupid problem. my hair has been short for ages( chin length) and its always looked a mess so recently ive grown it longer to shoulder length.
however i want to tie it back but dont have the guts to coz evry1 has been used to seeing it down for years. im too embarrased to go out wiv it tied back. is there somethin mentally wrong wiv me lol. i know it sounds really stupid - im 17 by the way and sound really immature
Ok, some people look nicer with it up, some with it down, some the way they least often have it. Try it out, see if anyone notices, ask people who can see it!

Personally I don't like my hair because it goes very curly, so I get called 'sheep' and 'teddy bear' for some reason. I guess people even at university level can't get over their urges to say things like that. Shaving it to grade 2/3 soon gets it nice and managable and neat and smooth and good again

I've no idea which other people prefer, but I know which I do!
...in other words try it out if it doesn't work it doesn't work and you have a bad hair day! The next day no one will remember!

Alaric.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My hair always drive me mad- it's far too fine,but there's tonnes of it so it's just super-flyaway... ah well.
don't stress about tying your hair back- you might really suit it.

lou xxx
Rockqueen
(Original post by Alaric)
Ok, some people look nicer with it up, some with it down, some the way they least often have it. Try it out, see if anyone notices, ask people who can see it!

Personally I don't like my hair because it goes very curly, so I get called 'sheep' and 'teddy bear' for some reason. I guess people even at university level can't get over their urges to say things like that. Shaving it to grade 2/3 soon gets it nice and managable and neat and smooth and good again

I've no idea which other people prefer, but I know which I do!
...in other words try it out if it doesn't work it doesn't work and you have a bad hair day! The next day no one will remember!

Alaric.
yea thanx but i dont think i have the guts to tie it back and walk outside wiv it tied back. coz evry1 has been used to seeing me with the same crappy style( not even a style lol) thats all over my face lol.
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can i just ask wot products do ya use on it lol
i shampoo, don't condition, except once a week. i usually just use toni and guy wax to keep it in place, its not really greasy and you can still style it nicely.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi any1 else have a prob wiv their hair
yes.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've just washed it *disappears into jungle of hair*

comb liberate me!!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i've just washed it *disappears into jungle of hair*

comb liberate me!!
i just washed mine too and all i done so far is towel dried it and it seriously looks like my hair has just gone completely crazy... ah well it'll be perfect and straight by tomorrow morning for college.

lou xxx
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i just washed mine too and all i done so far is towel dried it and it seriously looks like my hair has just gone completely crazy... ah well it'll be perfect and straight by tomorrow morning for college.

lou xxx
damn you, my hair will be hell tomorrow. *gets entangled by evil hair*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

god i need sleep
goodnight
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most of my friends always blowdry their hair, and always straighten it, and get highlights and haircuts all the time.

Me? I just wash it, and leave it to dry naturally and that's about it!
emmz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
Most of my friends always blowdry their hair, and always straighten it, and get highlights and haircuts all the time.

Me? I just wash it, and leave it to dry naturally and that's about it!
lol i try to straighten it but when i get outside it goes really curly and messy so - no can do
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this thread reminds me of last night, Atomic by Blondie came on in the club and of course I was there singing very loud t it "aha your hair is beatiful, tonight.... tonight... "ATOMIC!"
dylan plant
Report 16 years ago
you should get over it and not care about what people think about you.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea thanx but i dont think i have the guts to tie it back and walk outside wiv it tied back. coz evry1 has been used to seeing me with the same crappy style( not even a style lol) thats all over my face lol.
Well tie it back inside and get used to it yourself first then!
You'll probably get comments but really people have better things to think about than how silly you've been to tie your hair back and leave the house! I'm sure it looks fine either way, just be brave and see what other people think with it tied up. It sounds like you'd like to be able to!

Alaric.

PS: who cares what other people think of your hair anyway, there's probably some people wondering why you always have the same boring (non)style anyhow if you get that concerned by what people think!!
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt anyone will notice.

I can't remember anyone's hairstyle - from school or college. Everyone had it cut once in a while, but who cares. My god, I can't believe this thread exists.

<goes off to create a bee thread>
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dakhal)
Lol, my classmates used to do that as well because they said it was nice and soft!

Btw, I'm a guy who washes his hair every single night. I'm normal and not turning feminine right? I use Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner in 1 btw, lol.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have exactly the same problem, excpet for in my case its reversed...I always go around with my hair up and i cant let it down...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (387)
67.19%
No (189)
32.81%

Watched Threads