Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

The I Love Gareth Bale blog Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nice CGBPing. Good to know you're still working on a killer bicep peak too! How much do you weigh atm? Got abz?

ReputationRep:
    weighing the same as always (~87.5), just as lean/fat as always. no real abs but a neat line of hair going down my belly that looks like a shadow if you only glance at it

Definitely getting fitter and stronger though.

ReputationRep:
    Front squat 110x7, felt easier than I expected

Back was not feeling good over the weekend so I just did cable rows, 2 sets with the stack (maybe a bit under 100, IDK). Back feels OK now though. Then stretching. Will do some band rear delts now I guess.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What you done to your back? I tweaked mine last Thursday and it's still not right. I feel it most in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, just felt tweaked after Thursday. Uncomfortable over the weekend but felt OK today. I wanted to take it easy-ish today though.

ReputationRep:
    Press 62.5x10, and then a push press. Hurt myself with the same weird injury I had almost exactly a year ago at the Worlds. It's the super cool one where I get chest pains and feel like I should call an ambulance, but then I realise it only hurts to breathe so it can't be my heart so I finish the workout or set a PB total.

Assistance was cut a bit short though. 35 kg DB bench for 3x5 or something, then some machine stuff for more volume and rear delts.

ReputationRep:
    Subbed.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I kept intensity fairly low overall. 8x1 with 175 (first 3 beltless) and then a few sets of one leg back extensions.

ReputationRep:
    Tried rest pausing on the bench today, did 95x7+2+1. This seems like a good idea for presses too. If I'm only going to do one set I should make it pretty good.

Up in the morning for the rising sun tomorrow as it is the Northwest Kyu Grades judo tournament. As such I only did the one exercise today. Will try to bring back videos and/or pictures.

(Original post by burningnun)
    Tried rest pausing on the bench today, did 95x7+2+1. This seems like a good idea for presses too. If I'm only going to do one set I should make it pretty good.

Up in the morning for the rising sun tomorrow as it is the Northwest Kyu Grades judo tournament. As such I only did the one exercise today. Will try to bring back videos and/or pictures.
    Yes it does seem like a good idea it was brilliant for my bench! You'll find with the presses though it is very very hard to extra reps after the initial first set, shoulders burn out verrry quick

Good luck man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)

stop posting about judo, your making me want to get back into MMA and im not sure i can manage football mma and lifting :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo_Mc)
    stop posting about judo, your making me want to get back into MMA and im not sure i can manage football mma and lifting :P
    Not my fault you're the gay.

We have a wrestler here who cut weight last week for a jiu jitsu competition and is cutting weight this week too. Pretty much everything is easier than that.

ReputationRep:
    What does 95x7+2+1 mean?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    What does 95x7+2+1 mean?
    95 for 7 reps, a short pause and then bang out two more reps, another pause and squeeze out one last one.

ReputationRep:
    Smack is right :yy:

won 2 lost 1 at the competition today. The guy I lost to was really the least good out of the three, but fair play to him he frustrated me and then threw me when I lost focus.

First match

He came out very aggressive and overwhelmed me in the first minute but then faded quickly. This guy was good on the ground but I am OK there too, and my team seemed more worried than I was. I was never in any real danger even though he was going for a lot of stuff and shutting down any offence I might have. The referee gets in the way of the o soto gari type throw I got which won me the fight. Shame because it was actually pretty slick.

ReputationRep:
    Second match.

He was maybe a bit more technical than me but he did not have a good half guard and he wasn't nearly as strong. The pin looks funny because I do not control his hips but even though he was bridging loads he had no way out because I had my shoulder/chest in his face squeezing him into the mat. Probably not very pleasant. Similar throw as I did in the last fight, off the uchi mata counter

ReputationRep:
    Felt bad, ill-fed, and preoccupied. FS 115x2 lol wut

ReputationRep:
    felt better, in the gym at least - press 67.5x6+2+1

assistance 1 arm press and triceps, rear delts

ReputationRep:
    OK so after cycle 1 I took a full week off for deload. Was ill, which is quite lucky in a funny sort of way.

Since then in cycle 2 I have put my maxes up to 125/75/105, and done

FS 105x10, good mornings

Press 62.5x9, arms

Deadlift 190x1, felt awful but not a max or anything

Speed press, bench 87.5x9

FS 112.5x9, rows (good session)

So pretty much everything going bad except FS :mfing:

Might have to jiggle days around to have press after a day off. Will be easy in the holiday with no judo and gym on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Press today - 67.5 x 7+2+1
    Pullups
    Dips
    Arms

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.