Religion Watch

This discussion is closed.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Nah I wasn't taking a stab at Evil Muffin. I just thought her comment was quite comedic.

"I've renounced Christianity to become a witch!"

etc
I getcha, i was the one being dumb... pressed the reply butten to you and not Muffin... I'm too lazy to read normally lol
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
I have friends who are "witches" and fair play to u if its right for you.

however Evil Muffin, don't you find that a lot of people who take up this religion are a bit weird, and do it to try and be different from everyone else. One of my friends was just on one big trip to freak her parents out.

That might be true of misguided teens in the beginning, however these are the people who usually give up when they find out how much work they have to do. Its like people who buy those Titania's oracle books and those ones like 'make magic to improve your love life!' These, and people who do it just to be different, insult those of us who are serious about it.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The same people who claim religion is stupid, are the first to complain about people "ramming religion down their throats".
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The same people who claim religion is stupid, are the first to complain about people "ramming religion down their throats".
However did you reach that conclusion? :rolleyes:
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I would actually say I agree with this. As soon as you mention you aren't religious to someone who is they do tend to go on about it. I dunno, if you feel religion is a load of poo you are more likely to get annoyed and take more note when you hear it being talked about.
kika
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by phreek)
Are any of you intellectuals here religious? I recently gave up being a christian because noone could offer me proof as to its correctness.
To tell you the thruth, I'm quite scientific in many of my views of the world, and I need proof about several things to believe in them or consider them true. However, I tried to take a different view about religion, bacause although its "accused" of being the "opium of the people", humans need hope, and religion is a good source of hope!In the case of chritsianity, you don't need to believe in Adam and eve and every other scripture literally... just try and understand the morality behind things! Someone very wise "invented" religion... many people say that man was the greatest invention of God, but many others disagree and say that God was the greatest invention of Man. If you think you need religion, try to understand its teachings, and theory... don't try to put every word of it into literal and practical sense!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1282)
79.73%
Leave (326)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed