The Student Room Group

Medway Pharmacy - Interview this month

So I sent off my UCAS off last week and after checking my email tonight I had acknowlegements from Nottingham, Portsmouth and DMU and Medway have invited me to an interview on Wednesday the 17th of November. First of all I was wondering if anyone else has been invited for an interview on the same day ? Secondly I wanted to ask if a suit would be required as I was intending to go in shirt and trousers. Finally what should I expect from this interview, as I've heard that the interviews can be entirely based on the course or they could be completely different and only focus on other things e.g. why do I want to go to Medway etc.
Nervous but excited at the same time.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well done :smile: well I don’t think you need to wear a suit, after all we are all students and they don't expect us to have expensive suits..I don’t know much about pharmacy interviews, but they will probably ask you questions based on your PS, and probably about the course, skills of a pharmacist etc..one of my mates has an interview for pharmacy soon and that's the kind of questions he is preparing for..sorry if I am not too helpful lol good luck with your interview and hopefully you will get your offer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bahar_bp
well done :smile: well I don’t think you need to wear a suit, after all we are all students and they don't expect us to have expensive suits..I don’t know much about pharmacy interviews, but they will probably ask you questions based on your PS, and probably about the course, skills of a pharmacist etc..one of my mates has an interview for pharmacy soon and that's the kind of questions he is preparing for..sorry if I am not too helpful lol good luck with your interview and hopefully you will get your offer :smile:

I have a suit but I am just one of those people who don't feel very comfortable in a suit.

Thanks for your help !
Reply 3
I have an interview on the 17th of Novemeber too, how did your interview go? what sort of questions did they ask you?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ArwaAli
I have an interview on the 17th of Novemeber too, how did your interview go? what sort of questions did they ask you?:smile:

I haven't had my interview yet. It's on the same date as yours.
Reply 5
ohh srry i read ur date as 2009-.- hw silly off mee..well i re-arranged my date to the 1st of dec atleast ill hav more tym to preparee but plzz wen ur donee do tell me hw it goes:smile: coz this is the first interview i gett and im so scaredd.
Reply 6
Ive got an interview at cardiff 24th of november. The trouble is im applying to medicine and pharmacy is my fifth choice.
Is the interview for foundation pharmacy or the full 4 year pharmacy course ?
Reply 8
The 4 year course , basically I have applied to medicine and pharmacy was my 5th choice so im not sure how to approach this one . I dont want to come across as a person who thinks hes to good for pharmacy but I honestly do have the passion to study it
Ok, so what would be your reasons for studying pharmacy if the interviewer asked you ?
Reply 10
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Ok, so what would be your reasons for studying pharmacy if the interviewer asked you ?

I love chemistry and working with people. This is the perfect course combining scientific knowledge in a health-care setting, where interactions with a wide range of people are inevitable. A pharmacy is a place where I’ll truly get to see impact on the lives of real people.

Pharmacy will allow me to apply my love of science but in an environment where I get to work with people rather than in a lab.
Reply 11
Original post by ArwaAli
ohh srry i read ur date as 2009-.- hw silly off mee..well i re-arranged my date to the 1st of dec atleast ill hav more tym to preparee but plzz wen ur donee do tell me hw it goes:smile: coz this is the first interview i gett and im so scaredd.

hi, how did your interview go, have you had an offer from them. did they ask you tough questions. I am planning to go to medway pharmacy too for 2011.
Reply 12
Original post by D*Star
hi, how did your interview go, have you had an offer from them. did they ask you tough questions. I am planning to go to medway pharmacy too for 2011.

heyya..my interview was great actually..they ask very basic qs..like why pharmacy? the skills uu hav to be a pharmacist..and the skills uu dnt hav and require. They also ask 4 basic maths qs..like adding up and converting micrograms to grams. Its realli easyy and informal:smile: so uu shouldnt worry at all!!

i still didnt get an offer thou..coz my interview was on the 1st of dec so it will probably take tym. goodluckk<3
Reply 13
Original post by ArwaAli
heyya..my interview was great actually..they ask very basic qs..like why pharmacy? the skills uu hav to be a pharmacist..and the skills uu dnt hav and require. They also ask 4 basic maths qs..like adding up and converting micrograms to grams. Its realli easyy and informal:smile: so uu shouldnt worry at all!!

i still didnt get an offer thou..coz my interview was on the 1st of dec so it will probably take tym. goodluckk<3

well done, glad to hear someones interview went well, lol. i dont think mine went that great, i kept erming and erring. i had mine on the 8th, but i dont think ill get an offer. but i really want an offer from them. goodluck for ur offer.
Reply 14
Original post by ArwaAli

May I ask, is everyone interviewed for pharmacy at Medway. As If so, I need to add it to the Pharmacy guide!
Original post by petzneo
May I ask, is everyone interviewed for pharmacy at Medway. As If so, I need to add it to the Pharmacy guide!

yes everyone is now, they've just introduced it this year.
Reply 16
has anyone hrd from medway pharmacy yet, after their interview. if so how long after the interview did you hr?
Original post by D*Star
has anyone hrd from medway pharmacy yet, after their interview. if so how long after the interview did you hr?

Hey, i got an offer 2 weeks after my interview if that helps.

Good luck
Reply 18
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Hey, i got an offer 2 weeks after my interview if that helps.

Good luck

thanks they said to me ill hear 5-10 days after, and it has been 10 days. but well done for getting an offer.
Reply 19
has anyone got an offer from reading on the ucas website?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending