Turn on thread page Beta

Sutton Trust Summer School watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to recommend these to everyone who gets a chance to apply for one. They are completely free (they even refund travel costs) summer schools near the end of Year 12 at a variety of universities including Oxbridge covering a range of subjects.

They involve lectures (and practicals if appropriate) in the subject, staying at the university and experiencing some of the facilities and generally having a good time while you're there. Plus you get advice on applying too (especially useful for Oxbridge)

I did one of these at Cambridge for Physics, had a great time and went on to get an offer at Trinity for Nat Sci, although some got rejected.

They are available to everyone, but priority is given to those who go to poor schools with few applications to that university, have good GCSE grades and whose parents didn't go to uni/ don't have proffesional jobs. It's really worth applying, so if you are in Year 12 ask your head of 6th form (or equivalent) and have a look here: http://www.suttontrust.com/university.htm

This hasn't been updated for 2004 yet, but it should be shortly.

ReputationRep:
    It really will help, so take notice!

ReputationRep:
    Yay; Sutton Trust rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Which summer school did you go on grey faerie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    Which summer school did you go on grey faerie?
    I did one at Oxford just under 2 years ago. Now I'm at Oxford, and hopefully applying to work on the sutton trust this year!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.