Sutton Trust Summer School

Watch
This discussion is closed.
androidkiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I would just like to recommend these to everyone who gets a chance to apply for one. They are completely free (they even refund travel costs) summer schools near the end of Year 12 at a variety of universities including Oxbridge covering a range of subjects.

They involve lectures (and practicals if appropriate) in the subject, staying at the university and experiencing some of the facilities and generally having a good time while you're there. Plus you get advice on applying too (especially useful for Oxbridge)

I did one of these at Cambridge for Physics, had a great time and went on to get an offer at Trinity for Nat Sci, although some got rejected.

They are available to everyone, but priority is given to those who go to poor schools with few applications to that university, have good GCSE grades and whose parents didn't go to uni/ don't have proffesional jobs. It's really worth applying, so if you are in Year 12 ask your head of 6th form (or equivalent) and have a look here: http://www.suttontrust.com/university.htm

This hasn't been updated for 2004 yet, but it should be shortly.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
It really will help, so take notice!
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yay; Sutton Trust rocks!
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Which summer school did you go on grey faerie?
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Which summer school did you go on grey faerie?
I did one at Oxford just under 2 years ago. Now I'm at Oxford, and hopefully applying to work on the sutton trust this year!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads