This discussion is closed.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What did you get for the value of a (part of the iterative formula question). They gave it as 20 but then you had to find what value it would be when un1=un2=3. I got a=18 which seems a reasonable answer but did anyone else get it or if not what did you get?

Also an easy exam will mean higher grade boundaries wont it? So we wont really benefit from smacking it.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
What did you get for the value of a (part of the iterative formula question). They gave it as 20 but then you had to find what value it would be when un1=un2=3. I got a=18 which seems a reasonable answer but did anyone else get it or if not what did you get?

Also an easy exam will mean higher grade boundaries wont it? So we wont really benefit from smacking it.

You square both sides to get 9. Then minus the fraction from both sides and then multiply by 3.

The question after that, u5 was 3 because the answer is always the same. I made sure by doing u3, u4 and then u5.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)

You square both sides to get 9. Then minus the fraction from both sides and then multiply by 3.

The question after that, u5 was 3 because the answer is always the same. I made sure by doing u3, u4 and then u5.
Yeh I think your in the right
Oh crap, thats a small chunk of marks lost
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Yeh I think your in the right
Oh crap, thats a small chunk of marks lost
Yes thats how I did it too .. but dont worry its only like 2 marks or something
*click* IM NOW A JUNIOR MEMBER ! I RULE ! lol ... .. okay ill go now
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Yes thats how I did it too .. but dont worry its only like 2 marks or something
*click* IM NOW A JUNIOR MEMBER ! I RULE ! lol ... .. okay ill go now

Yeh but then to find u5 it was 4 marks and I was using a=18. But I suppose I might get a few method marks
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads