The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
o...k so I sent my questionnaire off a week ago and still haven't heard from them. Should I be worried? I'm guessing I should since people have already been invited for an interview...
ps the questionnaire was due in last Thursday.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by linnie99
My questionnaire was due in last tuesday (23rd) and Ive just got an email from UCL about an open day. so it shouldn't take so long!

Ah, that's the date I received my questionnaire! I hope they're doing that instead of interviewing, I hate interviews :frown: Not that I'd be good enough for an interview though, haha x
eeek:biggrin:thank you so much! you've just made my day thank you! :biggrin::biggrin:

Have fun at the open day!
I received a questionnaire today (6 weeks after sending my UCAS off), which made me probably rather too happy given that most people are getting them but at least my application has been read. Just to reassure people, at the open day in June they said that if you find you are repeating yourself between the questionnaire and the personal statement, that just means you have a good personal statement :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by ButterflyOfFreedom
I received a questionnaire today (6 weeks after sending my UCAS off), which made me probably rather too happy given that most people are getting them but at least my application has been read. Just to reassure people, at the open day in June they said that if you find you are repeating yourself between the questionnaire and the personal statement, that just means you have a good personal statement :smile:.

ahh well done :smile: at least your one step closer, i sent mine off 3 weeks ago and the wait is so nerver racking lol did they just email you with it attached? :smile:
Yep. I thought it would arrive by post so have been frantically checking it everyday for weeks and then it was an email so I felt slightly silly.
eeek:biggrin:thank you so much! you've just made my day thank you! :biggrin::biggrin:

Well done! I just got an invite to go to an open day toooooo :biggrin: so so pleased that I 'demonstrate potential to meet the entry requirements' (what is that) At the very least it means no rejection 'til January, what a relief, was expecting a rejection straight off.

From the sounds of their program for the day, they definitely only invite people they like so this looks like really good news!

Original post by frequent_flyer
Well done! I just got an invite to go to an open day toooooo :biggrin: so so pleased that I 'demonstrate potential to meet the entry requirements' (what is that) At the very least it means no rejection 'til January, what a relief, was expecting a rejection straight off.

From the sounds of their program for the day, they definitely only invite people they like so this looks like really good news!

If you don't mind me asking, when is the open day? I just want to know about when they would starting giving out offers/rejections :P
Reply 68
Original post by Interpretation
If you don't mind me asking, when is the open day? I just want to know about when they would starting giving out offers/rejections :P

26th of January, and they said that we should be expecting to get formal offer through UCAS within 4 weeks after the open day. :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by frequent_flyer

YAY! well done to you too! :biggrin:
Apparently they do give out offers to most of the people who are invited to the open day. I'm so excited! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, where else did you apply and what offers have you got so far? :smile:
YAY! well done to you too! :biggrin:
Apparently they do give out offers to most of the people who are invited to the open day. I'm so excited! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, where else did you apply and what offers have you got so far? :smile:

Check my signature :biggrin: How about you? Yeah, I definitely think it's a good sign and I'm SO excited, but don't want to be too complacent though!
(edited 13 years ago)

26th jan but I'm sure they have more than one :smile:
Well, I hope they do have more than one as I have a Chemistry exam that day :frown:. Oh well, I suppose I shouldn't really be worrying just yet it would be better to worry about getting invited in the first place.
I got my questionnaire for Psychology at UCL yesterday! AHHH wasn't expecting this... I thought they only did interviews! Scary!!
Reply 74
i was just in the midst of completing mine but i cant seem to fit everything into just 2 pgs! has anybody already done theirs and decided to change the font?or font size? are we allowed to? ><
Original post by kwchan1
i was just in the midst of completing mine but i cant seem to fit everything into just 2 pgs! has anybody already done theirs and decided to change the font?or font size? are we allowed to? &gt;&lt;

I really wouldn't recommend changing the size, the font, margins, or any of the original formatting. Doing so would defeat the purpose of having the two page limit. When I did mine, I changed the height of the boxes, so that I could write more for some questions and less for others. If you left line breaks between paragraphs, you could perhaps decrease the font size of those blank lines to size 5 or something. Or, you could delete the line breaks completely and use indentation instead.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 76
I really wouldn't recommend changing the size, the font, margins, or any of the original formatting. Doing so would defeat the purpose of having the two page limit. When I did mine, I changed the height of the boxes, so that I could write more for some questions and less for others. If you left line breaks between paragraphs, you could perhaps decrease the font size of those blank lines to size 5 or something. Or, you could delete the line breaks completely and use indentation instead.

Good luck :smile:

I changed the font 1 size smaller to size 11. I'm not sure what to do, as the layout looks exactly the same and after all it is only 1 size. Could they reject me on the fact I change it slightly? eurgh :frown:

Edit: and if they didn't want us to change the font size, surely they would have stated so in the orginial email?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by hannahw1993
I got my questionnaire for Psychology at UCL yesterday! AHHH wasn't expecting this... I thought they only did interviews! Scary!!

how long ago did you send off your application :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by xbabycakes
I changed the font 1 size smaller to size 11. I'm not sure what to do, as the layout looks exactly the same and after all it is only 1 size. Could they reject me on the fact I change it slightly? eurgh :frown:

Edit: and if they didn't want us to change the font size, surely they would have stated so in the orginial email?

Oh dear, i'm sure they wouldn't be that particular would they since they didn't specify in their email...

but then again they did tell us to send it in .doc format but not pdf or anything, perhaps that's for them to see if we changed anything?

i'd be able to fit alot more if i changed the fontsize down to 11 and it looks nicer aesthetically too. ahh dilemma ):
Reply 79
Or don't send me a questionnaire UCL, whatever :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending