The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Additional Questionnaire for LSE

Hi, I was wondering if I have state my UMS marks, as my school has not certificated them yet, for the LSE Additional Questionnaire which I received today. I think entering my UMS marks will put me at a disadvantage as I'm applying for Economics at got AABB at AS. Also, if it is of any relevance, I have applied for the Economics L101 course.

Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by markwilliams_hello
Hi, I was wondering if I have state my UMS marks, as my school has not certificated them yet, for the LSE Additional Questionnaire which I received today. I think entering my UMS marks will put me at a disadvantage as I'm applying for Economics at got AABB at AS. Also, if it is of any relevance, I have applied for the Economics L101 course.

Thanks.

Cambridge does the same questionnaire every year, and no matter if your school cashes in or not, you would have to declare all your UMS honestly. They are requesting for additional information because declaring UMS is not compulsory on UCAS, but they would need to know these info to make the best choices amongst all the capable applicants for the L101 course.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Ummm... Do government and econ students get given this questionnaire? What if you're international? And is it a bad sign if I haven't gotten one yet?
Only

Economics

Economics and Mathematics

Economics and Economic History.

must fill in the questionnaire
Reply 4
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Only

Economics

Oh, ok. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Interesting, because I've applied for Maths and Economics and still have not received any such questionnaire.
does anyone know if there is a connection between getting the questionnaire and an offer? I'm getting worried now, I haven't got one!
Reply 7
Only

Economics

where did you get that information from? thanks
Only

Economics

Sorry Is this for both international and Uk students? I didn't get anything about the additional questionnaire! :s-smilie: did u get this via email from LSE?
Reply 9
Only

Economics

Hey man, I have a question

Why do I have to fill a questionnaire for Econ, but I received an email which told my that I was strong enough for Econ and Econ History ? Does that mean I have a good chance for the latter ? Isn't it mandatory for every candidate to fill in this questionnaire ?

Studio
Reply 10
Original post by StudioBagel
Hey man, I have a question

Why do I have to fill a questionnaire for Econ, but I received an email which told my that I was strong enough for Econ and Econ History ? Does that mean I have a good chance for the latter ? Isn't it mandatory for every candidate to fill in this questionnaire ?

Studio

Hi,

Could you tell me how long does it take for you to receive the questionnaire email?

What is on that questionnaire exactly? Is it asking all your UMS for your AS grade? Anything else?

I am applying for straight Eco. I have submitted my UCAS but am just really worrying since I haven't got any email yet and saw so many people said they got the email here.

Reply 11
Guys this thread was started in 2010, I don't think there is an additional questionnaire anymore
Reply 12
Original post by scottface
Guys this thread was started in 2010, I don't think there is an additional questionnaire anymore

Really? Are you sure?

I thought the additional questionnaire is on the email where they said things like: your application is strong enough to be considered further...

I saw many people said that they got this kind of email recently on TSR here
, but I haven't got anything like that yet.:s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by di_1996
Really? Are you sure?

I thought the additional questionnaire is on the email where they said things like: your application is strong enough to be considered further...

I saw many people said that they got this kind of email recently on TSR here
, but I haven't got anything like that yet.:s-smilie:

No. So far I've got the 'strong enough' email for BSc Economics and BSc Statistics with Finance and there has been no mention of any additional survey
Reply 14
No. So far I've got the 'strong enough' email for BSc Economics and BSc Statistics with Finance and there has been no mention of any additional survey

Well, are you applying for two courses in LSE? I thought about applying for two as well, but I heard that is really risky and my PS works better for Eco course.

Anyway, good luck on your applications. :smile:

So, the email just tells you that you are strong enough applicants? Nothing else?

I haven't heard anything from LSE yet, probably it has just been a few days, since I sent my application. BUT,I am still quite worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by di_1996
Well, are you applying for two courses in LSE? I thought about applying for two as well, but I heard that is really risky and my PS works better for Eco course.

Anyway, good luck on your applications. :smile:

So, the email just tells you that you are strong enough applicants? Nothing else?

I haven't heard anything from LSE yet, probably it has just been a few days, since I sent my application. BUT,I am still quite worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My PS was directed towards my passion for economics, mathematics and finance. I'm Australian so I don't really need worry about any safe options, so I went for an application to Cam and FOUR to LSE. Three of these were for economics related courses. To be honest the Stat with finance was just an option I took so that I could fill up my limit of five options.
Original post by di_1996
Hi,

Could you tell me how long does it take for you to receive the questionnaire email?

What is on that questionnaire exactly? Is it asking all your UMS for your AS grade? Anything else?

I am applying for straight Eco. I have submitted my UCAS but am just really worrying since I haven't got any email yet and saw so many people said they got the email here.

Yep, this type of questions, but I am an international so I cannot answer to them !!
It took about 2 weeks

Are you an international student ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending