The Student Room Group

Bio, Phys, Chem and Maths.

I'm in year 12 taking the 3 sciences and maths. And work's just suffocating me. I'm so stressed out about the January modules, I feel like I've learnt nothing since the beginning of year 12. I don't know how to catch up. It feels like it's too late. Any advice before I'm buried with even more problems?
Reply 1
Get off TSR and start cramming!
Science subjects are quite difficult and need dedication to. There's still a lot of revising you can do, however, if you keep stressing - you'll get nowhere. I know that sounds harsh but it's the truth. Take it as a lesson to start work early and organise yourself next set of exams i.e. don't procrastinate after January exams as an excuse.

To revise, go over the book and your notes, past papers? That's all you can do really, it's as simple as the method:

- Make Notes
- Learn Notes
- Past Papers
Reply 3
Nah, you'll be fine. Your problem is that you're terrible at judging how hard a task will be. That's why even basic bits of homework seem like unscaleable mountains that you've no hope of climbing, but as soon as you start cramming for exams you'll realise 'oh there's actually not much to it, if I'd given myself a week more I'd have got this'.

If you can, just start cramming now. You'll be surprised how fast you start learning when you get into the swing of it.
Its November! Of course you can catch up, what do you think I'm doing now :p:

Just remember that for maths it is loads more important to practise and do questions that to read through the book. Then for physics, writing down all the equations you need to know for the whole module helps break things down (On top of reading through the book and questions).

Then chemistry, well... your on own their... :p:
Reply 5
ok you need to start your work from today..this happened to me in yr 12 and guess what it didn't end good and I ended up retaking year 12..it is not too late in fact it is the perfect time to start revision...first thing you need to do is relax....make notes using books and class work, if you don't understand anything go and ask for help NOW..and then start doing past papers..it is a lot of work but it is possible :smile: do it now because you do not want to end up retaking..believe me..if you need any help dont' hesitate to ask me..Good luck :smile:
I'm in year 12 and i'm having this issue with Chemistry. I find biology easy and I just seem to absorb the info like a sponge and retain it, but chemistry oh dear lord. I feel like i've learned NOTHING. I'm finding the best way is to get past past papers, do the test, read my chem text book then go back and see what else I can answer after I have revised. Then I mark it and write in anything I have missed and go and read my textbook again to reinforce everything. It's pretty annoying and at times I want to kill myself lol, but it seems to be working :L

Quick Reply

Latest