Any other bugs here? (my site) Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've edited out some the bugs people have suggested I just wondered if people could spot anything else? Its due in the 30th so I better get this site finished for good.

Thanks

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/shop/
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I've edited out some the bugs people have suggested I just wondered if people could spot anything else? Its due in the 30th so I better get this site finished for good.

Thanks

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/shop/
Are you still talking about technical bugs or have you moved on to everyday bugs like spelling mistakes?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
Are you still talking about technical bugs or have you moved on to everyday bugs like spelling mistakes?
Both, spelling mistakes in the product listings don't matter yet as there just database entries, I can change them at the last minute. Its spelling mistakes in the actual site like error messages etc. I have fixed most the ones I have seen.

Its mainly error checking, I have fixed the bug where you enter a letter for a quantity, it now displays a user friendly error message.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both, spelling mistakes in the product listings don't matter yet as there just database entries, I can change them at the last minute. Its spelling mistakes in the actual site like error messages etc. I have fixed most the ones I have seen.

Its mainly error checking, I have fixed the bug where you enter a letter for a quantity, it now displays a user friendly error message.
"Error you must enter a numeric value i.e 6
Please use the navigation bar on the left to select a product again. "
you should use e.g. not i.e.

i.e. implies they must enter 6, but e.g. means 6 is just an example.

(actually, writing i.e. would make your business boom, if everyone bought 6 of each item)
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
"Error you must enter a numeric value i.e 6
Please use the navigation bar on the left to select a product again. "
you should use e.g. not i.e.

i.e. implies they must enter 6, but e.g. means 6 is just an example.

(actually, writing i.e. would make your business boom, if everyone bought 6 of each item)
Fixed it thanks.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when i add something to the basket i get "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/shop/order.asp, line 198"

actually it's only happened once. i have tried adding other things and it works.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
when i add something to the basket i get "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/shop/order.asp, line 198"
How did you add the item to the basket? It works fine for me. Also do you have cookies enabled?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How did you add the item to the basket? It works fine for me. Also do you have cookies enabled?
it only happens when i add the panasonic D2 DVD player (the really nice slim one for £160)
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
it only happens when i add the panasonic D2 DVD player (the really nice slim one for £160)
OK thanks I will check that out can't understand how that is happening though because the code feild is used to identify a product and thats a primary key. There is also a load of duff entries in that section I need to delete, I just added them test my web forms that are used to add, delete products etc.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK thanks I will check that out can't understand how that is happening though because the code feild is used to identify a product and thats a primary key. There is also a load of duff entries in that section I need to delete, I just added them test my web forms that are used to add, delete products etc.
im also getting this:
ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/shop/order.asp, line 116
when adding the Sony sonystrde585 and the Marantz SR4300.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
im also getting this:
when adding the Sony sonystrde585 and the Marantz SR4300.
Yeah thanks, just spotted that myslef, I didn't enter a code for these two products so the order page just things you have selected nothing. I will fix this by displaying an error message if a member of staff tries to enter a product without entering a product code.
AT82
Rep:
?
In the process of fixing the bugs now. Elphaw you now have even higher rep. Thanks
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can enter -1 in the quantity box and it says "
Item Added to Shopping Basket". It dosn't appear in the basket though.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
You can enter -1 in the quantity box and it says "
Item Added to Shopping Basket". It dosn't appear in the basket though.
You can also change the quantiy of items in the basket to -1, Selecting a catogory which dosn't exit brings up

Code:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.

/shop/products.asp, line 141
Also there are some buttons at the top of http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/shop/stock.asp?status=1 which dont work
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
You can also change the quantiy of items in the basket to -1, Selecting a catogory which dosn't exit brings up

Code:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.

/shop/products.asp, line 141
Also there are some buttons at the top of http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/shop/stock.asp?status=1 which dont work
Thanks I will fix the stock.asp page and the fact you can enter in minus numnbers. I have no idea how I can check if a catorgory exists though without any major programming work. It shouldn't be a problem because the user would have to deleratly edit the query string to get that error messege anyway.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks I will fix the stock.asp page and the fact you can enter in minus numnbers. I have no idea how I can check if a catorgory exists though without any major programming work. It shouldn't be a problem because the user would have to deleratly edit the query string to get that error messege anyway.
The check if a catogory exists just see if a record is returned or not:

Code:
ObjRS.open "SELECT blahblah.... WHERE blahblah catogory=" & catogory

if objRS.eof then
' error - no catogory has been returned
else 
' display the catogory 
end if
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
The check if a catogory exists just see if a record is returned or not:

Code:
ObjRS.open "SELECT blahblah.... WHERE blahblah catogory=" & catogory

if objRS.eof then
' error - no catogory has been returned
else 
' display the catogory 
end if
Thanks I give you some rep as soon I as get it for that. Its so simple I should have thought of it myself. I will try that later tonight.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed