Doctor's refusal to remove implanon Watch

hellothisissha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you taken it out and was that the cause? I have been reading online and heard a lot of people gaining weight on nexplanon. I have gained around 40 lbs and was told I had a thyroid problem. Went to a different doctor few months later and was told I had no thyroid problem..
I feel sluggish and tired although I am quite busy, I have no sex drive. I did not eat particularly healthy but not terrible either, my routines hasn't changed and I actually worked out more and ate small portion and healthier to try to lose this extra lbs.
Please let me know if you ended up taking it off and if it helped with weight loss.
Supernatural2287
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The same doc who put mine in refused on 3 occasions to take mine out I’d ballooned from a size 8 -16 in 6months I was really hormonal having more bad days than good my mental health was already bad before this made it worse as well as my self esteem feeling fat I ended up taking it out myself it barely hurt me. And immediately started losing weight and became much more balanced.
Kitkatjauncey95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was told mine was infected I went to 2 different doctors and both refused. And I have gained weight with mine too.
Scox4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know this is YEARS old but I found this thread after my own experience and hope other people that find this thread can read this. ABSOLUTELY NOT. A physician cannot FORCE you to keep something in your arm that you are REFUSING. It is completely different than asking for a scan of your ankle because you sprained it and the doctor doesn’t want to. If you’re asking for it out and the physician is refusing that it against your rights to refuse treatment. The patient cant take it out like she could stop taking pills if she was on BC pills. The only way is if the physician takes it out. Insane. By the way, I’m a women’s health FNP.
Gemt03
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have had the implant also and after almost a year of having it in I want it out I'm constantly having cramps, headaches, boob pain and last time it lasted a whole month and they were so sore, mood swings like crazy and weird bleeds and the doctor keeps refusing to take it out as I almost got pregnant one time but I would rather go on the pill than this I can control my body and I have bad skin constantly aswell.
Last edited by Gemt03; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.12%
12.24%
12.59%
17.88%
23.18%
20%

Watched Threads