This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What does everyone think about the prospects for Saha at Man U?
And do you think that they'll make a good partnership (Saha and Nistelrooy)?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
And do you think that they'll make a good partnership?
Manchester has a good reputation and when it merges with UMIST it will be one of the biggest in Europe. Manchester is very much a party city and smoking and cars are looked down on (at least in the centre).
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Manchester has a good reputation and when it merges with UMIST it will be one of the biggest in Europe. Manchester is very much a party city and smoking and cars are looked down on (at least in the centre).
Huh?
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes I'm sure Saha will have no problem blending in and experiencing the culture whten he moves to Manchester
way2go
Report 16 years ago
This one could go for the weirdest and most vague reply of the year
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And do you think that they'll make a good partnership (Saha and Nistelrooy)?

I just dont see why Man Utd need to go out and fork out around 10million for Saha. They've got a great team as it is, there is no requirement fot him at United.
Man Utd are just 2 points behind the leaders Arsenal - surely United are not doing much wrong with their current squad.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
haha, I thought you were talking about Manchester University!! I know nothing about football!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
I just dont see why Man Utd need to go out and fork out around 10million for Saha. They've got a great team as it is, there is no requirement fot him at United.
Man Utd are just 2 points behind the leaders Arsenal - surely United are not doing much wrong with their current squad.
Yeah, but they need a second striker in my opinion. They rely too much on nistelrooy, the same way most british clubs rely on a single striker.
To get success in europe, they need a second top quality striker (Not forlan, although when he's on form, he's pretty good).
way2go
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, but they need a second striker in my opinion. They rely too much on nistelrooy, the same way most british clubs rely on a single striker.
To get success in europe, they need a second top quality striker (Not forlan, although when he's on form, he's pretty good).
No, Nistelrooy is at his best when he is on his own. He needs some space and he won't get as much when you bring in a second striker.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To be I honest, I reckon the need to spend on new players is a footballing 'fantasy'. Clubs reckon its an easy way to prefection.
Man Utd have a class team as it is, and relying on Van Nistlerooy is not suprising as he is one of the best strikers in the world.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by way2go)
No, Nistelrooy is at his best when he is on his own. He needs some space and he won't get as much when you bring in a second striker.
Well, yeah, i know that. But the point is, what happens if Nistelrooy has a drop of form (hardly likely, i know), or gets injured or something.
If Man U want to be a european club, rather than an english one, they need a second quality striker.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
To be I honest, I reckon the need to spend on new players is a footballing 'fantasy'. Clubs reckon its an easy way to prefection.
Man Utd have a class team as it is, and relying on Van Nistlerooy is not suprising as he is one of the best strikers in the world.
Well of course, but if you look at top european clubs (and chelsea for that matter) they tend to have two big name strikers (at least).
Buying players that fit into the team is a great way of improving.
I mean, look at Chelsea. They've spent alot, and have become, because of it, genuine title contenders (although i agree, they still aren't at their potential best this season).
But there is only so far you can go with money.
I mean look at real madrid. They've only become the best team in the world (no matter how much it pains me to say it). I see your point. They are only the best side on a single planet, and you'd expect alot more from them!!!
way2go
Report 16 years ago
Well, yeah, i know that. But the point is, what happens if Nistelrooy has a drop of form (hardly likely, i know), or gets injured or something.
If Man U want to be a european club, rather than an english one, they need a second quality striker.
Yep, I reckon that, but I don't think Saha is the right man for the job. He doesn't want to sit on the bank, he wants to play. He is a young boy. It might be better for Man United to get an experienced striker, who has already played his best games, but still knows how to do it.

I am thinking of Van Hooydonk.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
haha, I thought you were talking about Manchester University!! I know nothing about football!
lol
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Man Utd aren't really too reliant on Van Nistelrooy, well not as much as Henry anyways. Man Utd usually use a 4-4-1-1 system and a lot of goals do come from midfield as well (ie.Scholes) while with Arsenal, they just have Henry upfront doing the scoring with 2 fast wingers who just pass/cross. I'm not sure about the purchase of Saha though. I think he will be another Forlan, not in goal scoring sense but I don't think a Van Nistelrooy/Saha combo is good enough. I would have preferred a more world-class striker like Raul or Vieri, even if they are impossible to get (ie.Raul). Anyways, I think Man Utd should sign just one more promising young player like Van Buyten, Robben or Van der Vaart in the summer and they will be more feared again.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Man Utd aren't really too reliant on Van Nistelrooy, well not as much as Henry anyways. Man Utd usually use a 4-4-1-1 system and a lot of goals do come from midfield as well (ie.Scholes) while with Arsenal, they just have Henry upfront doing the scoring with 2 fast wingers who just pass/cross. I'm not sure about the purchase of Saha though. I think he will be another Forlan, not in goal scoring sense but I don't think a Van Nistelrooy/Saha combo is good enough. I would have preferred a more world-class striker like Raul or Vieri, even if they are impossible to get (ie.Raul). Anyways, I think Man Utd should sign just one more promising young player like Van Buyten, Robben or Van der Vaart in the summer and they will be more feared again.
yeh, pires being the highest scoring midfielder, and every prem manager knowing that ljungberg and pires are the ones to watch whilst henry ties up the defence. Man U aren't reliant on van Nistelrooy, you're joking right? Arsenal wingers crossing? Do you know anything about football?
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
yeh, pires being the highest scoring midfielder, and every prem manager knowing that ljungberg and pires are the ones to watch whilst henry ties up the defence. Man U aren't reliant on van Nistelrooy, you're joking right? Arsenal wingers crossing? Do you know anything about football?
Unfortunately, not much since I support Man Utd but I do know that Arsenal are the most arrogant team in the world.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Unfortunately, not much since I support Man Utd but I do know that Arsenal are the most arrogant team in the world.
yeh, so arrogant we use dodgy agents and unsettle players, and then sell loyal players like a piece of meat and if they don't want to go then just freeze them out of the team, oh no, that man u.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I find it funny the way people talk about football so technically, it really is just a sport - definately not worthy of paragraphs and paragraphs full of complete cobblers which can be summed up in a sentence.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I find it funny the way people talk about football so technically, it really is just a sport - definately not worthy of paragraphs and paragraphs full of complete cobblers which can be summed up in a sentence.
I agree
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (244)
61.93%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.57%
No- I want it (106)
26.9%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.6%

Watched Threads