booksnob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Original thread resolved. Let's just let off steam about the impending exam and share resources etc.
Sato
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by booksnob)
Anyone else worried about the fact that we have to do 3 25-mark essays with only half an hour for each? It seems completely ludicrous! I've looked at examples questions and they are very demanding, requiring two pages or thereabouts? And five minutes planning time isn't that.

How are you going to plan your time?
Yeah I'm worried as hell! I haven't looked at the mark schemes yet, but knowing AQA I bet it's very vague about what they want. I think 1.5 - 2.5 pages is about right... I don't really know how I'm going to plan my time yet
zammie1603
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi, im worried as well! there are a few candidate exam responses and comments from the AQA board. As the days go by im just getting more worried lol.
Anyway, id suggest looking at the specification and trying LOTS of exampler questions. Which 3topics r u doing? Im doing: Relationships, Aggression and Biological Rhythms and Sleep. And so far, we've completed relationships and are halfway through completing aggression. *sigh*

Good Luck though
booksnob
Rep:
?
(Original post by zammie1603)
Hi, im worried as well! there are a few candidate exam responses and comments from the AQA board. As the days go by im just getting more worried lol.
Anyway, id suggest looking at the specification and trying LOTS of exampler questions. Which 3topics r u doing? Im doing: Relationships, Aggression and Biological Rhythms and Sleep. And so far, we've completed relationships and are halfway through completing aggression. *sigh*

Good Luck though
Hello i'm doing relationships, aggression and eating behaviour. We've done all the topics and are now revising, so you must be doing it in much more detail?

Yes, I'm doing as many practice questions as possible, but it's so hard to do it in half an hour. I'm also confused about what constitutes as evaluation - say if you had to talk about social psychological explanations of aggression, and you did Social Learning Theory, would writing about Bandura's study be a supporting evaluation or just further knowledge. Help!

Good luck too
zammie1603
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello i'm doing relationships, aggression and eating behaviour. We've done all the topics and are now revising, so you must be doing it in much more detail?

Yes, I'm doing as many practice questions as possible, but it's so hard to do it in half an hour. I'm also confused about what constitutes as evaluation - say if you had to talk about social psychological explanations of aggression, and you did Social Learning Theory, would writing about Bandura's study be a supporting evaluation or just further knowledge. Help!

Good luck too
Wow, ur done all the topics :O
I actually dont like the way we're doing our notes and stuff. Like we'll spend a whole lesson (1hr) jusr writing notes. How boring is that! :P

I was really confused as well about what would be considered as A02/A03- the way I understand it:

A02 includes research in support and research against. I think here you just outline the study in brief detail and explain how it relates to your question. E.g for social learning theory, you can say that Bandura's study explains how the environemtn around us can lead to aggressive behaviour- or someting like that
A03 would just be sypnotic points, such as the strengths and weaknesses of this theory, or the methodological issues, gender bias, ethical issues, pratical applications etc
Also, you can cooment on how this theory focuses on the nurture side the debate and does not take into account the biological factors that influence aggression

I got these off an essay plan from one of our booklets that we get for each topic

I have really nice PDF file which could be of a lot of help. I wouldnt mind sending it to you. Just let me know how

Good Luck to you too
chocolatebunny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi
I took this exam (twice) last year. What I found worked for me was using a list of practice questions my teacher had given us and writing them all out. Get them marked and checked until you get a good mark, then I made a list of words that would jog my memory about the order of the essay. Then reciting the main aspects of the essay out loud. I then memorised the lists and used that as my plan in the exam - between 10-20 words...

I did the same with PSYA4
Hope that helps?
and good luck!
Rosi M
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I actually dont like the way we're doing our notes and stuff. Like we'll spend a whole lesson (1hr) jusr writing notes. How boring is that! :P

I was really confused as well about what would be considered as A02/A03- the way I understand it:

A02 includes research in support and research against. I think here you just outline the study in brief detail and explain how it relates to your question. E.g for social learning theory, you can say that Bandura's study explains how the environemtn around us can lead to aggressive behaviour- or someting like that
A03 would just be sypnotic points, such as the strengths and weaknesses of this theory, or the methodological issues, gender bias, ethical issues, pratical applications etc
Also, you can cooment on how this theory focuses on the nurture side the debate and does not take into account the biological factors that influence aggression

I got these off an essay plan from one of our booklets that we get for each topic

I have really nice PDF file which could be of a lot of help. I wouldnt mind sending it to you. Just let me know how

Good Luck to you too
My teachers are not brilliant. Having to self teach cognitive development, eating disorders and relationships. Not started revising for it.. chem and bio takes too much time! Im going to DIE in psychology at this rate
booksnob
Rep:
?

Good Luck to you too
Oh if you could send that to me, that would be wonderful When you're writing your post, there should be an image of a paperclip at the top. You just click on that and upload it.

I have some resources on relationships and aggression if you want them, but I'm not sure of how much worth they are.

And same about the note-taking - it's pretty much all we do. Just write but don't actually take it in. I'd rather by answering 25-mark questions from the book on various aspects of the topics.
KingMessi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think that it will be fine if you have a near-perfect memory of the topic and have continually practiced writing 25-marks worth of material in that time. :top:
booksnob
Rep:
?
Here are some resources anyway.
mehhh.....hi.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Good luck too
Argh doing the same topics as you What one did you like the best? I think eating behaviour or aggression for me, probably eating behaviour actually, but I liked the bio bit for aggression. Relationships is horrible. And I'm also confused about the A02, I'm worried that examiners will give me marks for A01 for studies instead of A01, which my teachers say happens if you describe the studies
booksnob
Rep:
?
(Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
Argh doing the same topics as you What one did you like the best? I think eating behaviour or aggression for me, probably eating behaviour actually, but I liked the bio bit for aggression. Relationships is horrible. And I'm also confused about the A02, I'm worried that examiners will give me marks for A01 for studies instead of A01, which my teachers say happens if you describe the studies
I'm the opposite - I think relationships is much more straightforward and easier to tie together. Aggression goes right over my head really, but then I haven't done that much on it.
Bubbles0ox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How exactly are you guys revising?
im writing up essays plans of every sub topic thing then learning them
but is there an easier way?
Bubbles0ox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chocolatebunny)
Hi
I took this exam (twice) last year. What I found worked for me was using a list of practice questions my teacher had given us and writing them all out. Get them marked and checked until you get a good mark, then I made a list of words that would jog my memory about the order of the essay. Then reciting the main aspects of the essay out loud. I then memorised the lists and used that as my plan in the exam - between 10-20 words...

I did the same with PSYA4
Hope that helps?
and good luck!
Thanks!
i think this is what ill be doing
zammie1603
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh if you could send that to me, that would be wonderful When you're writing your post, there should be an image of a paperclip at the top. You just click on that and upload it.

I have some resources on relationships and aggression if you want them, but I'm not sure of how much worth they are.

And same about the note-taking - it's pretty much all we do. Just write but don't actually take it in. I'd rather by answering 25-mark questions from the book on various aspects of the topics.
oh im new at this so i didnt know
orite lemme upload it
if i find anything else, ill upload tht too
about the resources that you have, yes please! anything will do lol, im so stressed!
ye same i'd rather answer 25mark questions and get something in!
got 5essays to do this weekend
zammie1603
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosi M)
My teachers are not brilliant. Having to self teach cognitive development, eating disorders and relationships. Not started revising for it.. chem and bio takes too much time! Im going to DIE in psychology at this rate
u do chem and bio as wel? woah, bio killed me last yr so i just gave up! and ye, its kind of hard to self-teach, i think its all based on the teacher lol.
but hopefully everything wil go well
zammie1603
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
here are some more notes. for some reason couldnt upload this on the previous reply
Attached files
booksnob
Rep:
?
Thanks zammie.

Does anyone know how to rotate a PDF? +rep on offer
chocolatebunny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles0ox)
Thanks!
i think this is what ill be doing
no problem
zammie1603
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks zammie.

Does anyone know how to rotate a PDF? +rep on offer
lol hope im not too late
you're welcome
u roate it by: right click on the page. click 'rotate clockwise'
i dnt like it wen it comes up like tht
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads