Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What Do U Think About Islam And Muslims ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superior)
    What a stupid question. I think the same of them as I do of Christianity and Christians, or Judaism and Jews. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    nothing

ReputationRep:

what do you think of buckets full of tizer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    what do you think of buckets full of tizer?

mmmmm tizer, dat be da shizzy for when i be D-Hidrated.

ReputationRep:
    Best is to just look at the last threds about hijab etc, you´ll certainly find some interesting opinions and I guess right now nobody is in the mood to repeat the verbal massacre

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is neutral but I wish some of them would stop moaning.

ReputationRep:
    i would flame you.. then beat you with a chain

ReputationRep:
    am i supposed to think that they're "suicide bombers, limb-amputators, women repressors" ???

ReputationRep:
    Well, judging by the lethargic response to this thread I'd say most people are bored to death with the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, judging by the lethargic response to this thread I'd say most people are bored to death with the subject.
    yes...but i must also say that i consider all the religions same as all...and they do not matter when i am with anyone !!!

ReputationRep:
    a religion which is misrepresented by fantics and terrorists who go against the essence of Islamic teaching.

ReputationRep:
    religion is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugnacious)
    a religion which is misrepresented by fantics and terrorists who go against the essence of Islamic teaching.
    im interested to know which islamic country actually represents the religion.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Islamic world is very interesting thing to study, both from a historical and sociological perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    im interested to know which islamic country actually represents the religion.
    Well, it's impossible to decide on what would be an 'accurate representation' of the religion so the question is pretty much irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Well, it's impossible to decide on what would be an 'accurate representation' of the religion so the question is pretty much irrelevant.
    and that would make fanatics and terrorists as legitimately representative...as i thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    and that would make fanatics and terrorists as legitimately representative...as i thought.
    Er no... Just because there are a multiplicity of possible interpretations doesn't mean that every interpreation is 'legitimately representative'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Er no... Just because there are a multiplicity of possible interpretations doesn't mean that every interpreation is 'legitimately representative'.
    impossible to decide suggests no defining criteria.
    with no defining criteria there is no objective difference
    no objective difference means equal in their value
    equality in value suggest equally as legitimate

ReputationRep:
    I think less of any religious person, christian, Jewish, Muslim..., because I cant help but think that they are fools for blindly believing in something so improbable. What religious people believe is always less likely than even the most far fetched scientific hypotheses which is why I have such a problem with it. Also I think it is incredibly arrogant of a person to think that they are so important that they must have a god who watches over them. I understand where this feeling comes from within myself and that its some uncontrollable mechanism in my brain.

I will also say that I wont refuse to be friends with somebody because they are religious but I automatically prejudge them because they have shown such lack of judgement - in my opinion.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.