The Student Room Group

Birmingham social policy-acknowledgements/offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Can I just ask why you guys chose Leeds and Birmingham over say Nottingham or Bath? Bath seems to be quite good for social policy?
Reply 81
Original post by 257532
Can I just ask why you guys chose Leeds and Birmingham over say Nottingham or Bath? Bath seems to be quite good for social policy?

I'm sort of regretting my choice of Leeds but don't like the city of Nottingham and Bath are asking for lower grades than the others.
Reply 82
Original post by clementinemary
I'm sort of regretting my choice of Leeds but don't like the city of Nottingham and Bath are asking for lower grades than the others.

Oh right, I was just wondering, having looked at the league tables for social policy. That's weird I was just today wondering why I applied for leeds over those two! Thanks for answering anyway!
Reply 83
Original post by 257532
Oh right, I was just wondering, having looked at the league tables for social policy. That's weird I was just today wondering why I applied for leeds over those two! Thanks for answering anyway!

I dunno, if you've applied to Bristol Bath seems pointless because it appears to be the same course, 20 mins away from each other except Bristol is rated top :P I just don't like Leeds over the others I guess, it is good though. Where did you end up applying? :smile:
Reply 84
I dunno, if you've applied to Bristol Bath seems pointless because it appears to be the same course, 20 mins away from each other except Bristol is rated top :P I just don't like Leeds over the others I guess, it is good though. Where did you end up applying? :smile:

I went for York, Bristol, Leeds and LSE. Need to add my last choice today though, that's the bit i'm struggling with now!
Reply 85
Original post by 257532
I went for York, Bristol, Leeds and LSE. Need to add my last choice today though, that's the bit i'm struggling with now!

*high five* I went for Brum aswell as those, got my offer from LSE today so I'm really please I have all offers and I'm sure you'll have the same too :smile:
Reply 86
*high five* I went for Brum aswell as those, got my offer from LSE today so I'm really please I have all offers and I'm sure you'll have the same too :smile:

Wow congratulations!:smile:
Reply 87
got my offer from LSE today so I'm really please I have all offers and I'm sure you'll have the same too :smile:

Ahh congrats!! :biggrin: i didn't realise they'd started giving out offers yet, feeling pretty nervous now :frown: if you dont mind saying, what were the specs of your offer and did you have a lot of work experience when you applied? thankss :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by nvnk
Ahh congrats!! :biggrin: i didn't realise they'd started giving out offers yet, feeling pretty nervous now :frown: if you dont mind saying, what were the specs of your offer and did you have a lot of work experience when you applied? thankss :smile:

Neither did I!, I've only seen 3 or 4 though so there are plenty of places left :smile: My offer was ABB and I had no work experience really-I had worked in a polling station and worked with some educationally disadvantaged children but they were only one day things rather than a proper work placement.
Reply 89
Neither did I!, I've only seen 3 or 4 though so there are plenty of places left :smile: My offer was ABB and I had no work experience really-I had worked in a polling station and worked with some educationally disadvantaged children but they were only one day things rather than a proper work placement.

ahh that's really good, well done! :biggrin: fingers crossed now, will hopefully get through rejection friday tomorrow, eeek!

ps. i take it you're firming LSE? :wink:
Reply 90
Original post by nvnk
ahh that's really good, well done! :biggrin: fingers crossed now, will hopefully get through rejection friday tomorrow, eeek!

ps. i take it you're firming LSE? :wink:

thank you :smile: good luck! and nope haha, i'm declining LSE next week (so my place can be like..reallocated?) as i really really can't hack staying in london for three years, i'd be really unhappy. It'll be bristol for me :smile: whom have you heard from?
Reply 91
thank you :smile: good luck! and nope haha, i'm declining LSE next week (so my place can be like..reallocated?) as i really really can't hack staying in london for three years, i'd be really unhappy. It'll be bristol for me :smile: whom have you heard from?

ohh crazy, wish i was in a position like yours to have the option to decline LSE! ooh i have an offer from bristol too :smile: so if i don't get LSE, i think that's where i'll be going :biggrin: is there any particular reason why you don't wanna stay in london and why you chose bristol over your other choices? i've also got an offer from bham :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by nvnk
ohh crazy, wish i was in a position like yours to have the option to decline LSE! ooh i have an offer from bristol too :smile: so if i don't get LSE, i think that's where i'll be going :biggrin: is there any particular reason why you don't wanna stay in london and why you chose bristol over your other choices? i've also got an offer from bham :smile:

Oh cool, well if lse doesn't come through hopefully see you there! I live in london now, very near lse and the thought of continuing the same routine (same job, same day structure pretty much) sounds really depressing, i'd much rather move to a new city. I choose Bristol because I felt it was better academically and also was a BSc course rather than a BA. My second choice (if I don't like Bristol when I visit) will be b'ham :smile: what do you think about insurance?
Reply 93
Oh cool, well if lse doesn't come through hopefully see you there! I live in london now, very near lse and the thought of continuing the same routine (same job, same day structure pretty much) sounds really depressing, i'd much rather move to a new city. I choose Bristol because I felt it was better academically and also was a BSc course rather than a BA. My second choice (if I don't like Bristol when I visit) will be b'ham :smile: what do you think about insurance?

ahh fair enough, don't blame you really, i wouldnt wanna go to sheffield uni, cos it'd feel like i hadnt even left :tongue: yeah, i think bristol would be really good, a lot diff to central london i'm sure! :smile: i'm still undecided about bristol or bham as my second choice, my offers are unconditional cos i've already got my grades (gap year) so i think im just gonna go to the offer holder days and see which one i feel more inclined towards haha have you been to visit either of them?
Reply 94
Original post by nvnk
ahh fair enough, don't blame you really, i wouldnt wanna go to sheffield uni, cos it'd feel like i hadnt even left :tongue: yeah, i think bristol would be really good, a lot diff to central london i'm sure! :smile: i'm still undecided about bristol or bham as my second choice, my offers are unconditional cos i've already got my grades (gap year) so i think im just gonna go to the offer holder days and see which one i feel more inclined towards haha have you been to visit either of them?

yeah i want the chance to live in a new city :smile: hopefully yeah, apparently it's a great city. i think academically bristol would be better choice (rated number one and a lot more people come out with firsts) but i think birmingham might be a nicer uni cos i have to admit i do hear bad things about the people at bristol but im sure that's just hearsay. i saw birmingham last year but i saw a completely different dept as i went with a friend, the uni itself is lovely though. i'm going to brum on 2nd feb and bristol on 2nd march so i guess i'll decide then :smile:
Reply 95
anyone going to the post offer day at birmingham tomorrow? :smile: pm me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending