This discussion is closed.
zom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering what kind of offers most people have got to study law at UCL? Mines AAA and a pass in AS-level.
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
Just wondering what kind of offers most people have got to study law at UCL? Mines AAA and a pass in AS-level.
Is that harsh, or?
shunooh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
UCL standard offer for eco straight up is AAA including maths...thats the offer i recieved...i think courses with high demand like law and eco top unis have decided to give very high offers...
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shunooh)
UCL standard offer for eco straight up is AAA including maths...thats the offer i recieved...i think courses with high demand like law and eco top unis have decided to give very high offers...
So competative though, so it's understandable... congratulations both on your offers.
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Is that harsh, or?
thats what i thought especially considering i took 2 alevels early (which a got A's in both) and they want 3 more secifying the 3 im doing this year!
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by zom)
thats what i thought especially considering i took 2 alevels early (which a got A's in both) and they want 3 more secifying the 3 im doing this year!
i.e. my offer is AAAAA
which they dont seem to indicate in their prospectus!
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
lol, the answer is yes then. :|
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
i.e. my offer is AAAAA
which they dont seem to indicate in their prospectus!
Go to one of your other choices and giggle at UCL.
zom
Rep:
?
Go to one of your other choices and giggle at UCL.
\
Ive got offers from Manchester and Nottingham but everyone says UCL is the best. DO you think theres any way I can ask them to reconsider their offer because it would seem a bit rude if I rang them up in august with 4 x A's and they rejected me coz i didnt get 5?!
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
\
Ive got offers from Manchester and Nottingham but everyone says UCL is the best. DO you think theres any way I can ask them to reconsider their offer because it would seem a bit rude if I rang them up in august with 4 x A's and they rejected me coz i didnt get 5?!
Well, ask Pencil Queen on this one as the women is an absolute Queen of these kinda dilemmas. Though by Law if you were to phone them and ask why your offer is strict, I don't think they can retract your offer, only change it for the better.

Let Pencil Queen okay this before you start yelling at the Law Admissions Tutor.
zom
Rep:
?
Well, ask Pencil Queen on this one as the women is an absolute Queen of these kinda dilemmas. Though by Law if you were to phone them and ask why your offer is strict, I don't think they can retract your offer, only change it for the better.

Let Pencil Queen okay this before you start yelling at the Law Admissions Tutor.
Im not going to whinge to the admissions tutor as they may well have decided to make the offer for good reasons but it just seems a bit harsh... i just wanted to be sure that they havent made a mistake. I can understand that they dont want me to do nothing in my last year but three more A's!!!!
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by zom)
Im not going to whinge to the admissions tutor as they may well have decided to make the offer for good reasons but it just seems a bit harsh... i just wanted to be sure that they havent made a mistake. I can understand that they dont want me to do nothing in my last year but three more A's!!!!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh...mine is AAA and a pass at AS chem too......A2 requirements are same as cambridge offer...and i'm definitely choosing the cambridge offer over UCL....

UCL invited me to an open afternoon on the 11th of Feb....is there any point in going???

G
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by gzftan)
Yeh...mine is AAA and a pass at AS chem too......A2 requirements are same as cambridge offer...and i'm definitely choosing the cambridge offer over UCL....

UCL invited me to an open afternoon on the 11th of Feb....is there any point in going???

G
Ive been invited to the one on 21st january (this wednesday) and im definitely going just to see what the place are like and also to see what everyone else is like who have been offered a place so far.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
Ive been invited to the one on 21st january (this wednesday) and im definitely going just to see what the place are like and also to see what everyone else is like who have been offered a place so far.
I'm thinking about going....but i'm not putting it as my first choice...and i can't put it as my insurance...so should i go.....??

G
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by gzftan)
I'm thinking about going....but i'm not putting it as my first choice...and i can't put it as my insurance...so should i go.....??

G
I got rejected by oxford and that was my first choice but UCL is meant to be really really good as its in centre of London etc. Obviously Cambridge for most would be their first choice but I think its still worth going at least to find out what youd be missing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads