The Student Room Group

Aptitude Test and Group Discussion at Brighton.

HI GUYS :biggrin:

Just received an email from Brighton asking me to visit for an aptitude test and group discussion.

Anyone in the same boat?

Also does anyone know any more information about what the day could involve?
e.g about the test and group discussion.

Cheersss :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did too. Ahhh its sooo far away :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I've got this too, but have no idea what its all about :/
Reply 3
i got mine yesterday as well!!
i knew from the open day that they did a group interview and they said something about a "critical thinking/ verbal reasoning/ test to see how u think and react to situations , so its about how u think im guessing
Reply 4
I think Brighton is doing the same sort of thing that Portsmouth uni has been doing...about time as well!

I have no idea what sort of questions that they would ask so it will be interesting to hear the feedback.

Personally I think it's a great idea, a little bit of competition doesn't hurt anyone! And I will be helping out for the interviews don't know what days yet but hopefully I will see you guys there :smile:

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have questions!
hiya
i'm really confused, i also got a letter asking me to come for the aptitude test etc.
but then i found that they had updated my track to give me an offer?
has anyone else had this happen?!
and does anyone know if i still need to go for apptitude tests?!
i will be ringing brighton tomorrow, as its a bit late now, but just wondering if other people got this too! :smile:
Yeah, Brighton are doing Calculation tests this year for applicants to reinforce the notion to students that you need to keep on top of this stuff and be able to do them easily.
Reply 7
Original post by niharika.jha
hiya
i'm really confused, i also got a letter asking me to come for the aptitude test etc.
i will be ringing brighton tomorrow, as its a bit late now, but just wondering if other people got this too! :smile:

do you still have to go for the aptitude test?
Original post by clairol26
do you still have to go for the aptitude test?

yeah, i think so, they emailed me asking to register for it...so im guessing its part of the conditional offer or something :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by CrazyDaisy123
HI GUYS :biggrin:

Just received an email from Brighton asking me to visit for an aptitude test and group discussion.

Anyone in the same boat?

Also does anyone know any more information about what the day could involve?
e.g about the test and group discussion.

Cheersss :smile: x

hay, help i know you would have probably done your appitude test, i just got my 2day asking me to come on 5th feb wondring wat it all about..... help:mad:
Reply 10
Original post by Olalekan12
hay, help i know you would have probably done your appitude test, i just got my 2day asking me to come on 5th feb wondring wat it all about..... help:mad:

Hi. Yes I have had my test, I found it actually pretty nasty, I didn't even complete it - lots to do in 30mins, but its nothing you can revise for! However my interview went really well. And a still got an offer! :biggrin: x
Reply 11
Hi. Yes I have had my test, I found it actually pretty nasty, I didn't even complete it - lots to do in 30mins, but its nothing you can revise for! However my interview went really well. And a still got an offer! :biggrin: x

oh lucky u, i hope they give me an offer, coz am not sure of the test, did you know if they give every body that come for the interview +test an offer, and since you said u cant revise 4 it, am scared, and cud u do me a massive favor cud you pls post the kind of questions u are asked in the interview + the test plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by Olalekan12
oh lucky u, i hope they give me an offer, coz am not sure of the test, did you know if they give every body that come for the interview +test an offer, and since you said u cant revise 4 it, am scared, and cud u do me a massive favor cud you pls post the kind of questions u are asked in the interview + the test plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. :confused:

I don't think everyone gets offers no. You meet your competition at the tour as your put into your jnterview groups! The interviews, well mine, was very relaxed. As for the test, there's about 10maths questions, then you have to define some horrible words which i couldn't, then there is an ethics questions, and a guessing question, which changes for each group I believe. X
Reply 13
i have recieved a letter for the aptitude test and group discussion. i dont understand what the group discussion involves... and some are saying its an interview? is it an interview or a group discussion?? help xx
Reply 14
I don't think everyone gets offers no. You meet your competition at the tour as your put into your jnterview groups! The interviews, well mine, was very relaxed. As for the test, there's about 10maths questions, then you have to define some horrible words which i couldn't, then there is an ethics questions, and a guessing question, which changes for each group I believe. X

Are the maths questions with or without calculator? What sort of words were they? General vocabulary or science sort of stuff? What do you mean by guessing question?

Reply 15
Original post by ½+½
Are the maths questions with or without calculator? What sort of words were they? General vocabulary or science sort of stuff? What do you mean by guessing question?

Without i think, i cant really remember. And more adapting drug doses and volumes questions.

And there is a questing in which they ask you to guess the answer, all they are interested is in how you work it out... there is no right or wrong answer.
Reply 16
Original post by vxhokli
i have recieved a letter for the aptitude test and group discussion. i dont understand what the group discussion involves... and some are saying its an interview? is it an interview or a group discussion?? help xx

Both. I had a group of four girl and we were all asked questions... therefore i would call it a group interview.
Reply 17
Without i think, i cant really remember. And more adapting drug doses and volumes questions.

And there is a questing in which they ask you to guess the answer, all they are interested is in how you work it out... there is no right or wrong answer.

Reply 18
Both. I had a group of four girl and we were all asked questions... therefore i would call it a group interview.

thank you..
were the questions the same then... because that would make it hard trying to differ your answers so you dont sound like your repeating ehat someone else has already said.. did it feel like that happened?... what sort of questions were u asked in the group interview...?

thank youu for your help xx
Reply 19
Original post by niharika.jha
hiya

Hi
I got this too, i rang and they said the offer still stands but they reccomend I still go for the aptitude test and to meet the staff so they can meet us too.
sorry if this reply is too late :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending