This discussion is closed.
Nicci_babe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey, i really wanna go 2 uni but am worried they wont take me as i will only have 2 a-levels and an AVCE in Business.
Please help
TB
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nicci_babe)
Hey, i really wanna go 2 uni but am worried they wont take me as i will only have 2 a-levels and an AVCE in Business.
Please help
TB
That's enough for plenty of universities.

Look around some online prospectuses.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had no problems getting offers withm my AB in AVCE and AS in Business Studies.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's totally fine. There are quite a few uni's hat only ask for 2 a-levels.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Please help
TB
What universities are you thinking of applying to?
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
Thanks guys i was thinking of Roehampton University of Surrey, or i kinda wanna go up north any one got any ideas if i could do Criminology and Social Anthropology at durham of newcastle. let me know
thanks for support
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Please help
TB
Sorry to say this but although the new VCE A-levels are 'equivalent' to the traditional GCE A-levels, the latter are regarded as the 'gold standard' and constitute almost all standard university offers.

Don't get me wrong - many universities do accept VCE's but they may not give many details in their prospectuses. You may have to contact the universities directly, and they are judged on their own merit.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I recall, the bare minimum entry requirements for university is EE at GCE A-level.

J.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Sorry to say this but although the new VCE A-levels are 'equivalent' to the traditional GCE A-levels, the latter are regarded as the 'gold standard' and constitute almost all standard university offers.

Don't get me wrong - many universities do accept VCE's but they may not give many details in their prospectuses. You may have to contact the universities directly, and they are judged on their own merit.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I recall, the bare minimum entry requirements for university is EE at GCE A-level.

J.
I know both Manchester and UMIST appcept AVCEs not sure about Newcastle or Durham though. I am guessing that Durham may be stricter than Newcastle but they are both good universities.

Most people fail to get good grades in the AVCEs anway so those with good grades will stand out. Its just a shame that all this cheating we see on here sometimes is probably effecting the values of AVCEs because if you do them properly like I did they are not easy.
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I know both Manchester and UMIST appcept AVCEs not sure about Newcastle or Durham though. I am guessing that Durham may be stricter than Newcastle but they are both good universities.

Most people fail to get good grades in the AVCEs anway so those with good grades will stand out. Its just a shame that all this cheating we see on here sometimes is probably effecting the values of AVCEs because if you do them properly like I did they are not easy.
Thanks and yeah i know what u mean they aint easy and here we can talk things over but i wish ppl would stop switching units its annoying for the ppl that do the work.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads