The Student Room Group

Can't pull back my foreskin

Ok, so ever since a kid i've never been able to pull back my foreskin. I'm 19 now and have started having sex but I feel very self-concious about the fact that I can't pull it back. I've tried pulling it back but it doesn't seem to improve anyway plus it hurts if I go back too far.

Is there anything I can do to help this or am I stuck with it?
Reply 1
That's unlucky although you can get it sorted out without circumcision.
It's called phimosis, google that and you'll get good information (some may be a big dodgy though). Circumcision should be a last resort. See your GP, it's not that unusual that you should be embarassed. A system of gradual stretching in combination with steroid cream can sort it out :smile:
I used to have it. It can be sorted easily and painlessly with stretching, use a 'grommet' type device so you don't even have to think about it. No creams were necessary but they can be speed up the process.
Same position but I had an ******* of a surgery consultant who just suggested skin-thinning cream which I'm yet to try.
Reply 5
Circumscision should be the last resort, steroid cream+stretching ove 1-4 months (depending on how bad it is) should sort it

Original post by Anonymous
Same position but I had an ******* of a surgery consultant who just suggested skin-thinning cream which I'm yet to try.

Thats the best course of action...
Reply 6
When you are next in the bath, gently try and pull your foreskin back and do this time everytime you are in the bath. This may help you. Failing that if you have not already then see your GP as they may be able to help.
Reply 7
Ok so i've been experimenting. I used some Vaseline at first to put on my foreskin and that worked quite well actually. I was able to pull it back more than I ever could. When flaccid I could pull it over half way, but when erect it's very tough. It also seemed when erect once I tried to pull it back I went very quickly back to flaccid.

I will just keep stretching it and see what happens, thanks for all the advice, I really don't want to consider circumcision.
Go to you doctor mate i had this exact problem and got two choices, circumsission or a perperplatsy (or something along them lines) i chose the latter, it was an op where the end of my foreskin was cut so that the head could be fully retracted. I should have had it when i was a child, but didnt had it at 16 it hurt bad, but was worth it.
Reply 9
I'm 15 and noticed i had the problem about 2 years ago, the truth is that 2 years of stretching, and a fair bit of masturbation ( :wink: ) have loosened my 'banjo string' hugely, yet I still can't pull it back over the head easily, and when erect it takes some force to do so... I feel I am too young to see my GP and I think that stretching the banjo string has been used to max effect... anyone here who can tell me that eventually the string will be completely loose?

P.S for all those nervouse teenagers readiong this thread with the same problem, phimosis (the problem) is VERY VERY common, so you are not unusual in any way...

deadrat5
Original post by deadrat5
I'm 15 and noticed i had the problem about 2 years ago, the truth is that 2 years of stretching, and a fair bit of masturbation ( :wink: ) have loosened my 'banjo string' hugely, yet I still can't pull it back over the head easily, and when erect it takes some force to do so... I feel I am too young to see my GP and I think that stretching the banjo string has been used to max effect... anyone here who can tell me that eventually the string will be completely loose?

P.S for all those nervouse teenagers readiong this thread with the same problem, phimosis (the problem) is VERY VERY common, so you are not unusual in any way...

deadrat5

I was in the same position - you will get there, as you say it's common and will get sorted one way or the other eventually

Quick Reply

Latest