The Student Room Group

A Level Biology, How to do well?

I'm currently studying intensive A Level biology where I'm taking both the AS and the A2 at the same time. Can anyone give me any advice for what I should be doing throughout the year to help me to try and get a good grade overall. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.Sorry for making such a general thread.thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
My advice is very simple and worked great for me...Buy the revision guide, read it several times until you know it, sit exams, come out with an A (or A*) :smile:
Reply 2
ahhh... as and a2... well u must set up a revision timetable ensuring you read your textbooks/revisions guides throuhgly (ecxuse my spelling.. cba to correct it :tongue:) look through past papers and read the questions properly.... oh and dont run out of time
Reply 3
Well ....buy revision notes, revision guides and practice couple of past papers....that should definetely help you!:smile:
Have a good memory. There's a lot! Revision guides are the best things to learn from, and I find mind maps helpful to make things stick in my mind, but that is just personal preference. You could have post it notes, posters etc to help you remember. The internet is also a pretty good resource if you don't understand something at first. Past papers are a must! Good luck :biggrin:
Markschemes and textbook. Read and reread them until the majority of it sticks. Study the markschemes to understand the required approach to questions. A bit of luck wouldn't go amiss either come exam day. From someone who completed A2 this year.
Reply 6
Yeah I could do with some help too. I find biology hard and I'm doing a resit so I need to do better (not that I could do worse but still)
Reply 7
practice questions help SO much!
Reply 8
Original post by Rommy t
I'm currently studying intensive A Level biology where I'm taking both the AS and the A2 at the same time. Can anyone give me any advice for what I should be doing throughout the year to help me to try and get a good grade overall. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.Sorry for making such a general thread.thanks

I'm also doing this at the moment from home with the NEC and holding down a job, its tough stuff so im there with you on being a bit concerned but i think all the above is pretty good advice. I've also enquired at the local college about private tuition to help me review the subject as im finding the Biochem stuff hell.
Reply 9
Original post by Eloades11
I would like to know why I have been given negative feedback on my earlier post, please message me explaining what is wrong with it.

There exists in this world, people who failed to get A/A* and are sore about it. Watch me get negged.

(I didn't do it)
Reply 10
Thanks for the help guys! really appreciate it, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I think I'm just going to try and go over notes and do as many practice questions as I can throughout the year. I doubt ill get an A or A* but measuring success shouldn't always come down to a letter on a piece of paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending