The Student Room Group

2011 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faninagella
Hi all, just joined TSR. Completed MBA from Salford after 6 years of experience in ITES and seriously interested in MC role. Applied to McK, Bain and BCG online but no response yet after 2 weeks. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Without wanting to sound overly harsh, you'll have been auto-rejected. Unlikely any consultant ever looked at your CV.
Original post by Hackett
yes it is.

Really? What for?
Reply 402
Original post by i_hate_teeth
is simon kucher a decent consultancy firm? is it on the same level as mbb, booz, ow etc?

They are definitely not on the same level as the firms you listed. That said, they're a pretty decent consulting firm with a great bunch of people. Very open and friendly culture.
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for firms that do not use reasoning tests too soon in the process? I'm very inconsistent in them, passing IPATO but failing KPMG for example. I need someone who will look more closely at a CV/Covering letter, and doesn't place too much emphasis on tests! Any ideas?!
Most places will be quite linear - CV and cover letter come first, but tests are a mandatory next filter before you have a chance of being invited for interview.
Reply 405
anyone heard from graduates? when do they usually start interviews? do they usually wait until the deadline pass or interview on a rolling basis like banks do ? thanks
Interviews will predominantly be in two 'phases', early/mid December and early January. Consultancies largely close their offices over Christmas hence the gap in between.
Reply 407
edit
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 408
KPMG spent two weeks stringing me along with no final round interview date, emailed today and got told its full.
Reply 409
Original post by Jakeh
KPMG spent two weeks stringing me along with no final round interview date, emailed today and got told its full.

Did they offer you tax instead? :tongue:
Reply 410
Original post by Smtn
Did they offer you tax instead? :tongue:

No even tax is full... so i said put me on hold for T&R

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending