Struggling a bit with the Psychology Extended Essay!

Watch
janeAUSTENgirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, I've decided to do my extended essay in Psychology(it's one of my HL subjects so seemed appropriate).The actual topic is suicide and the depression paradox
The structure is somewhere along the lines of intro,depression,bio,cognitive,sociocultural level of analysis and then conclusion(Is it a good break down of the title?).Its impossible to find books concentrating specifically on this topic and therefore at the moment my research is mainly done through internet sources(i've been told i'll have to find some books)( any recommendations for books?).To be trully honest my supervisor isn't all that helpful due to the fact he knows little about the extended essay part of the IB. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.....along the lines of how to get excellent psychology extended essays?Research help?Structural ideas?

blindpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by janeAUSTENgirl)
Hi, I've decided to do my extended essay in Psychology(it's one of my HL subjects so seemed appropriate).The actual topic is suicide and the depression paradox
The structure is somewhere along the lines of intro,depression,bio,cognitive,sociocultural level of analysis and then conclusion(Is it a good break down of the title?).Its impossible to find books concentrating specifically on this topic and therefore at the moment my research is mainly done through internet sources(i've been told i'll have to find some books)( any recommendations for books?).To be trully honest my supervisor isn't all that helpful due to the fact he knows little about the extended essay part of the IB. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.....along the lines of how to get excellent psychology extended essays?Research help?Structural ideas?

What is your research question? Have you read any psychology extended essays? You can find some exemplars here.

I'd start searching Google Scholar and Amazon, you'll find tons of books on depression so you'll have to sift through all the results before you find ones that'll be helpful.
sabi06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blindpet)
What is your research question? Have you read any psychology extended essays? You can find some exemplars here.

I'd start searching Google Scholar and Amazon, you'll find tons of books on depression so you'll have to sift through all the results before you find ones that'll be helpful.
Hey,
can you check my thread on the extended essay and write your opinion on my question

thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (135)
42.45%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.49%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.97%

Watched Threads