Independent Schools Watch

This discussion is closed.
happysunshine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do any of you have any other popular independent school websites? I'm just curious
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I didn't even know Harrow existed until today :rolleyes:
All I've heard of are Harrow, Winchester and Eton 'cause the rich kids on 'Young Posh and Loaded' were speaking of them.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
www.winchestercollege.org
(my school)

www.etoncollege.com (our arch enemy :P)
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
All I've heard of are Harrow, Winchester and Eton 'cause the rich kids on 'Young Posh and Loaded' were speaking of them.
Rich does not equal posh nor does posh always equal rich - incidentally "posh" is a word "posh" people in the know don't use.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
Rich does not equal posh nor does posh always equal rich - incidentally "posh" is a word "posh" people in the know don't use.
Yes but in the case of those on 'Young Posh and Loaded' they were all rich and it was ITV that called them rich, not me.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alexander)
I go to an independent school which gets excellent academic results, a lot of people do get 10A*. I'm not sure what you mean by pressure though, are you talking about teachers making pupils work hard or do you mean an attitude like "you've got to get 10A*s or you're a failure"?

Here's another thread on a very similar theme:
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=14371&
what school do you go to?

and Me! why would you be interested in Harrow its a boys school?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
www.winchestercollege.org
(my school)

www.etoncollege.com (our arch enemy :P)
Thank you very much
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i dont think so, just like i disagree with extra time and laptops. 1 in 3 people in my history set (thats 5) have got a laptop and i know how most of them fiddled it and i reckon i could get one.

how come they have laptops...id love on for english...hehe
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I didn't catch that program. What did they say about Winchester? usually these types of programmes concentrate on etonians; i'm surprised winchester/harrow came up!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Correct. Posh is how other people perceive you to be. Being rich is just having lots of money.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes but in the case of those on 'Young Posh and Loaded' they were all rich and it was ITV that called them rich, not me.
The fact they chose to appear on the program in the first place shows that they feel socially insecure because they are new rich
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wasn't aware that Harrow was a school just for boys. I've looked everywhere for pictures :rolleyes:
I think even harrow has gone co-ed for 6th form nowadays. Most public schools have.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thank you very much
''www.stonyhurst.ac.uk''

Many believe my old school is the most beautiful of all the schools in the country. Judge for yourself.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
I didn't catch that program. What did they say about Winchester? usually these types of programmes concentrate on etonians; i'm surprised winchester/harrow came up!
There were these really really rich girls and they said 'their may be some boys from Winchester or Harrow there' as they were going to party.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
what school do you go to?

and Me! why would you be interested in Harrow its a boys school?
I know... hehehe I have ulteria (sp) motives, not really, I was at some poetry reading thing today and loadsa boys from Harrow were there, just thought I'd find out what it was cos they were way different to the kids I go to school with...
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
www.stonyhurst.ac.uk

Many believe my old school is the most beautiful of all the schools in the country. Judge for yourself.
I can't access it!

Although I've seen Winchester and it looks quite nice. I'm not sure how I'd cope there though. I'm going to look at Etons now.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The fact they chose to appear on the program in the first place shows that they feel socially insecure because they are new rich
It was an awful program really, it protrayed those who had a lot of money to be very stuck up and fit the stereotype. But I know it isn't true of most.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't access it!

Although I've seen Winchester and it looks quite nice. I'm not sure how I'd cope there though. I'm going to look at Etons now.

well none of the links are working for me!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't access it!

It went wrong somehow. I've edited it now with quotation marks on it so the address is up but just leave off the quotation marks.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
I think even harrow has gone co-ed for 6th form nowadays. Most public schools have.
What does that mean?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.16%
Leave (423)
20.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed