The Student Room Group

English Most Hated People on Earth?

I was speaking to some friends etc. a few days ago. There was about 10 people from a mix of places such as England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, Ireland, Spain, USA, Canada.

It came up in topic when someone asked a northern irish person if they would prefer to be Scottish or English. They said scottish by a long shot.

But then it turned out that everyone except the English people in the group would prefer to be pretty much any other nationality (maybe not american for some) except for english.

So do you think that English people are the most hated, or some of the most hated on earth? And why is it? People seemed to just say "they are dicks", but why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NO, I don't, I think its quite the opposite.
Reply 2
As them if they wanted to be Pakstani or Nigerian.

Even Pakistanis don't want to be Pakistan, same goes for Nigerians, thats why they come to Europe
Wow.

With that sort of research methodology, you really ought to be working for NASA :/
Reply 4
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Wow.

With that sort of research methodology, you really ought to be working for NASA or summat :nerd:

:hmmm:

Thats why I asked on here, since I was a bit surprised.
Reply 5
Original post by Atheist

Even Pakistanis don't want to be Pakistan, same goes for Nigerians, thats why they come to Europe

But there is a difference between being a hated nation, or not wanting to be from where you are from.

Of course many people in poorer nations would much prefer to be from england, but then I would say many people have a hate for chad for example.
Reply 6
I think the Americans would probably take the cake right now, just about. It's no reflection on Englishmen or Americans, just that both have happened to have had large empires/global power in recent history.
Muslims are (rightly or wrongly) the most hated people in the world.
Reply 8
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Wow.

With that sort of research methodology, you really ought to be working for NASA :/

EPIC:biggrin:
I'd say Americans were hated more around the world than us right now.
I'd say Israelis
Reply 11
No. Definitely not.

I love you :^_^:
Reply 12
lol i think americans take this by a long shot
Original post by Enicdem
What type of Muslims ... Pakistani? Arab? Indian? Chinese? African? White? American? Australian? Spanish? ..

I didn't say I hate Muslims so don't start with that bullshít.

Read what I said again.
Muslims. Doesn't matter where they're from. They're internationally hated.
Original post by Atheist

**** off Richard, I'm proud of my heritage. I was born in England and I'm also very proud of that but not any more so than my heritage.
Israel's probably more hated. At least by most of us student types
Reply 17
If we're hated then at least we're known.

Better that than Kyrgyzstani.
Reply 18
Original post by King-Panther
**** off Richard, I'm proud of my heritage. I was born in England and I'm also very proud of that but not any more so than my heritage.

Your proud of your heritage and culture, but don't want to live in it ?
Original post by Atheist
Your proud of your heritage and culture, but don't want to live in it ?

I would love to live there, there is nothing wrong with the country apart from it is a poor country, it was robbed by the one I'm living in. Thanks for asking Richard!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending