The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Social Work Interview at Bham Uni any Tips pls!!!

Hello all

Am new to this site. I am a 34 yr old mature student, just had a letter from Birmingham Uni inviting me to write an entrance exam next month. i would be very grateful if anyone can give me a tip on what to expect from this written exam. hope to hear from someone soon. just a little bit nervous as i have not been in any formal education for a while. thanks all:wink:
Reply 1
It might be unlikely that anyone here will be able to offer help. What course are you applying for? Perhaps it might be helpful to ring the department and ask them some more specific questions.

Edit: Whoops, missed the title, that tells me what you are applying for. I'd try ringing the department, we don't generally have enterance exams as we apply via UCAS.
(edited 13 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hi,

is it for a BA social work or a MA social work? and when is the interview? I have also applied to bham uni!!!!
Reply 3
the interview is for BA. On the 03 of dec 10. When is your interview date?
My friend got into social work - in her interview they were impressed with voluntary work and past experiences. Showing real genuine empathy and emotion really helps. Just don't cry your eyes out. Talk about working with other professionals, and communication and non communication skills.
Reply 5
Hi there,

I am just wondering if you could tell me how your written entrance exam was for this course as I am applying now?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending