The best university for law

Watch
This discussion is closed.
zom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
oxford, cambs, bristol, durham, warwick, UCL, KCL, LSE, Nottingham, Manchester, Leicester, exeter, etc?
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
oxford, cambs, bristol, durham, warwick, UCL, KCL, LSE, Nottingham, Manchester, Leicester, exeter, etc?
zzzzz
azz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd have to say one from Oxford, Cambridge or LSE. (UCL, Bristol and Durham close behind, followed by bigger uni's such as Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds...)
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
I was going to post but fell asleep with boredom.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I was going to post but fell asleep with boredom.
Lol. Most ppl on this site are obsessed with elitist universities. Most Unis are the same.
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Lol. Most ppl on this site are obsessed with elitist universities. Most Unis are the same.
people want to go to 'elitist' universities beacuse they will then probably have a more valuable degree and a better job, more money and a slightly better life... why, do you think we shud just apply to random unis?!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by italianmark)
people want to go to 'elitist' universities beacuse they will then probably have a more valuable degree and a better job, more money and a slightly better life... why, do you think we shud just apply to random unis?!
No, I think people should apply where they like but there are countless threads on this site, all asking the same, or very similar questions, like 'best uni for law' - to which the answer is 'which one do you like best?' because towards the top of the scale, they are all about the same, with possibly Oxbridge and London being better still. Nottingham, and Bristol etc etc are merely for Oxbridge rejects.

When you say random, what do you mean?
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
No, I think people should apply where they like but there are countless threads on this site, all asking the same, or very similar questions, like 'best uni for law' - to which the answer is 'which one do you like best?' because towards the top of the scale, they are all about the same, with possibly Oxbridge and London being better still. Nottingham, and Bristol etc etc are merely for Oxbridge rejects.

When you say random, what do you mean?
i agree, but actually some people choose nottingham over cambridge and i think there is a difference between going to bristol and bolton institute for example. by random i mean so you think we should choose to apply to any uni and not look at league tables etc- it is not true that all unis are the same, are you saying that you should go to hackney uni if u prefer the social life to a better one like the red bricks?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by italianmark)
i agree, but actually some people choose nottingham over cambridge and i think there is a difference between going to bristol and bolton institute for example. by random i mean so you think we should choose to apply to any uni and not look at league tables etc- it is not true that all unis are the same, are you saying that you should go to hackney uni if u prefer the social life to a better one like the red bricks?
I said 'towards the top of the scale, they are all about the same'. This is true. Its about where you are happiest, and if thats Nottingham Trent over Uni of Sheffield, go to Trent is what I say.

Of course I think you should look at league tables, some of the broadsheets use ridiculous criteria though. The Telegraph is the best, just giving a percentage for the amount of departments who have teaching which is considered 'excellent'. After A-Level results for me, last August they produced the 'Ultimate' table, where all broadsheets and a range of 'employers' where considered, but the results were similar.

You are taking the piss a bit comparing bristol to bolton institute.
No-one would pick one or the other.
zom
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
whats wrong with UCL?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads