Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
USA installed and supported Saddam.
Dot.
It is incorrect that the US installed Saddam. Saddam gained power in Iraq through teh Bath party, the US did however support him as he was an ally against the revolutionary forces in Iran. This was certainly bad decision by the US and they do deserve criticism for it, BUT this is not a reason why you should oppose the decision to remove him in 2003.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By the way.
You should be worried of having so much oil.
Who knows, you could be the next?
Hehe.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
It is incorrect that the US installed Saddam. Saddam gained power in Iraq through teh Bath party, the US did however support him as he was an ally against the revolutionary forces in Iran. This was certainly bad decision by the US and they do deserve criticism for it, BUT this is not a reason why you should oppose the decision to remove him in 2003.
what is wrong with remedying past mistakes, if you make a mess, you should clean it up
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
u know the Right always rubbishes the truth as left wing
And the left rubbishes the truth as right wing... This is politics!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First of all they don't have the RIGHT, to invade a sovereign country.

And they didn't do it to take out Saddam, they did it for the oil.
Dot.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
what is wrong with remedying past mistakes, if you make a mess, you should clean it up
My point exactly. That teh US supported saddam previously does not mean they should ignore him today.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nah - it is normally the other way round - but let's not argue about this
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sure, and you are high? Right?

And you eat that they do this to protect the world ...

Get a cup of reality please.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First of all they don't have the RIGHT, to invade a sovereign country.

And they didn't do it to take out Saddam, they did it for the oil.
Dot.
Sovereign country my ass. Saddams regime was as sovereign as Hitler's Nazi party. Some people would prefer to leave Saddam in power. I say it was a very correct decision to remove him. Even if some paragraph or formality made it illegal to remove him, it was still the right thing to do.

As for the Oil. This is the same bull**** clishe as were proposed during the first gulf war. The war cost on the US economy is way greater than what any benefit from the oil could repay. Furthermore, once you have started to talk about the Oil market you may also want to considder what motives France , Germany and Russia had for oposing the war. Considdering the Russian policy in Tjetjenia I doubt they care very much about teh Iraqi population...

The US invaded Iraq because they wanted to scare other states from assisting terrorists and opposing the US. The atack was merely showing of their mussles. I do not liek it, and I do not like the US policy in teh ME, but removing Saddam was sure the right thing to do.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sure, and you are high? Right?

And you eat that they do this to protect the world ...

Get a cup of reality please.
No country would go to war of it did not benefit them. France, Germany and Russia was opposed to the war as it did not suit them economically (What ? Oh! You thought that the Russian government cared about the poor Muslims while they are in heavy conflict with them in their own country?)

I conclude that it was correct to remove Saddam husein, and Im just glad that the US found it suitable to do so.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I don't.
Well, my point was that scuh statements are awfully generalised and do not really countribute to any constructive debate whatsoever...
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
deleted.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
deleted
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
deleted.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
deleted
I am not arguing in favour of the war because of why the US chosed to remove Saddam husein, I have stressed this several times (perhaps if you actually considdered BEFORE you decide what to respond ...) I am saying that regardless what motives teh US had for removing Saddam Husein, removing him was a good thing. As when it comes to the number of peopel killed. Saddam did anually murder far more people than what died in the american invasion. Even if the Bush government did not invade Iraq because of humanitarian reasons, the end result is that a cruel dictator has been removed, and people are no longer under the threat of murder if they criticize the government in any way. Had it not been for the american invasion, a democratic Iraq would be something not even possible to considder. I am saying that even though I do not agree with the Americans regarding the reasons for removing Saddam, I do agree with them that it was correct to remove him.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
deleted.
Yes yes, I see you run out of propper arguments so you start kicking the player instead of teh ball... Does the word Normandy ring any bells? Had it not been for the american invasion of Europe after World War Two we woudl be speaking German, or russian right now (Actually I would probabbly not be alive at all as the germans were likely to exterminate my grandfather and grandmother , but that is another story...) I find it quite remarkable that you are more sceptical to the removal of Saddam Husein than most Iraqis. Ok, the Iraqis do not like the US, but they are happy Saddam is gone, in contradiction to several europeans.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Had it not been for the american invasion, a democratic Iraq would be something not even possible to considder. I am saying that even though I do not agree with the Americans regarding the reasons for removing Saddam, I do agree with them that it was correct to remove him.

A democratic Iraq.. that's not gonna happen in any time soon.
And, have you ever wonder if Iraqi people want Democracy?
Shouldn't a country has the right to choose its government?

Well, too late, I'm going to sleep with my wife.
So bye, and please, please, grow up.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes yes, I see you run out of propper arguments so you start kicking the player instead of teh ball... Does the word Normandy ring any bells? Had it not been for the american invasion of Europe after World War Two we woudl be speaking German, or russian right now (Actually I would probabbly not be alive at all as the germans were likely to exterminate my grandfather and grandmother , but that is another story...) I find it quite remarkable that you are more sceptical to the removal of Saddam Husein than most Iraqis. Ok, the Iraqis do not like the US, but they are happy Saddam is gone, in contradiction to several europeans.
So what? Because they attacked Germany in 194x I'm going to support every stupid thing that they do. NO WAY.
And by the way the Soviet Union won that war too.
Iraqi happy? Yeah, sure, the only problem is that they are dying out of food.. but noone knows that... crappy thing.

Grow up, I'm gone.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*clapping*. youve been spot on as usual. dont take this foul ranting too seriously.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (154)
60.87%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.35%
No- I want it (71)
28.06%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.72%

Watched Threads