This discussion is closed.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
so why are u talking about democracy and a future Iraqi government?
the point surely was that as the temporary authority in Iraq, it is upto the coalition and the provisional council to establish a viable and permanent form of governance in Iraq. that is a right of the Iraqi people.
and they will be offered the best form of governance known to man, democracy.
That's your opinion, I also think that democracy is the best form of goverment till today, but I don't think that Iraqi people does.

That's what all my point.

But before, before, the sons of the ***** didn't had the right to invade a sovereign country.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Yes, and San Marino is the smallest state of the world.
your eager to show ur knowledge arent you, although what it lends to the argument i dont know.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
your eager to show ur knowledge arent you, although what it lends to the argument i dont know.
No, it has a strong relation, I said that that kind of infrastructure isn't possible in big states. And your examples (Switzerland and San Marino) are really small ones.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's your opinion, I also think that democracy is the best form of goverment till today, but I don't think that Iraqi people does.
fair enough, but you concede that the coalition has a responsibility to provide them with and ease the formation of governance in Iraq.

That's what all my point.

But before, before, the sons of the ***** didn't had the right to invade a sovereign country.

and? you dont need anyones permission to defend your people.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
fair enough, but you concede that the coalition has a responsibility to provide them with and ease the formation of governance in Iraq.

and? you dont need anyones permission to defend your people.
They have a responsability to the world, because they promised something better on Iraq. I'm not seeing nothing better.

Iraq didn't attacked USA ... USA attacked Iraq at least two times...
So? Iraq next leader should invade USA?...
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, and San Marino is the smallest state of the world.
lets recap,

you: Democracy is a type of government in wich the people (demos) rule(krato).

me: democracy by representation is the only feasible option.the athenians had mechanisms, buildings and places of council that were adequate to hold the opinion of every eligible state citizen. 21st century nation states clearly do not.

you: Athens is a city... nation states are so much bigger and is so much harder to build all that infrastructure.

me: well done, that was my point. as jonatan stressed, it is more than likely to by representation. only a handful of states have legislation by the people
me: san marino and the cantons in switzerland

you:Yes, and San Marino is the smallest state of the world.

i think ive been rather consistent. you dont need to tell me about the point i raised initially to correct yours.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They have a responsability to the world, because they promised something better on Iraq. I'm not seeing nothing better.
because u know very little about nation building and think it can be snapped together in months as opposed to years.

Iraq didn't attacked USA ... USA attacked Iraq at least two times...
So? Iraq next leader should invade USA?...
if he does he will get his ass kicked. and ur idea of 'attack', completely eliminates all context from the situation.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lets recap,

you: Democracy is a type of government in wich the people (demos) rule(krato).

me: democracy by representation is the only feasible option.the athenians had mechanisms, buildings and places of council that were adequate to hold the opinion of every eligible state citizen. 21st century nation states clearly do not.

you: Athens is a city... nation states are so much bigger and is so much harder to build all that infrastructure.

me: well done, that was my point. as jonatan stressed, it is more than likely to by representation. only a handful of states have legislation by the people
me: san marino and the cantons in switzerland

you:Yes, and San Marino is the smallest state of the world.

i think ive been rather consistent. you dont need to tell me about the point i raised initially to correct yours.
Again, I've never talk about democracy, I've never said my opinion of it until on of the last threads.
I was talking about the right of the Iraq people to have a sovereign government.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
because u know very little about nation building and think it can be snapped together in months as opposed to years.

if he does he will get his ass kicked.
So what? Bush promised a better Iraq...
Is he a lyer then?
Your hero? The pretzel choker?

Congratulations for being so powerful, it will not last forever.
You being british should know it. Just remember the biggest empire, the roman.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Again, I've never talk about democracy, I've never said my opinion of it until on of the last threads.
I was talking about the right of the Iraq people to have a sovereign government.
so ive fabricated those quotes?

*jeez*
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so ive fabricated those quotes?

*jeez*
First I've said the definition of democracy, the encarta one, you can look for it.
And then YOUUUUU, started talking about it, so I just added that that's not possible because the need of infrastructure.
But YOUUUU, came up with the democracy argue, not me.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So what? Bush promised a better Iraq...
Is he a lyer then?
Your hero? The pretzel choker?
it is a better iraq by the very fact they have far more freedoms than ever under saddam and are rid of a tyrant. electricity and oil output is rising and the economy is doing well. in fact, the situation in Iraq is surprisingly good.

Congratulations for being so powerful, it will not last forever.
You being british should know it. Just remember the biggest empire, the roman.
why are you so bitter?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is a better iraq by the very fact they have far more freedoms than ever under saddam and are rid of a tyrant. electricity and oil output is rising and the economy is doing well. in fact, the situation in Iraq is surprisingly good.

why are you so bitter?
Yes, all the factories stopped and the electricity came back after months, congratulations.
They have destroyed the half of the Iraq infrastructure.

I'm bitter? Hahaha.

That's what you are, a bitter fascist, and somebody have said it before.

I'm going home, work time it's over, so bye.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First I've said the definition of democracy, the encarta one, you can look for it.
which i put into context.

And then YOUUUUU, started talking about it, so I just added that that's not possible because the need of infrastructure.
if u read what i started talking about, you will see that i highlighted the fact that it was not viable...hence, my questions regarding the fact that u keep reiterating my points and invalidating the encarta one that you made as your opinion.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bush is an ass monkey but he was right to lead us to war!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, all the factories stopped and the electricity came back after months, congratulations.
They have destroyed the half of the Iraq infrastructure.

I'm bitter? Hahaha.

That's what you are, a bitter fascist, and somebody have said it before.

I'm going home, work time it's over, so bye.
the Iraqi infrastructure was corrupt and poorly funded. months of rebuilding for a lifetime of prosperity seems rather a good deal to me.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
which i put into context.

if u read what i started talking about, you will see that i highlighted the fact that it was not viable...hence, my questions regarding the fact that u keep reiterating my points and invalidating the encarta one that you made as your opinion.
I only agree with you about the application of this type of government in large states. That doesn't invalidate anything.

Is not my opinion, it's a fact, that's what democracy is. If you don't like it, I don't care.

I'm gone.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Democracy is a type of government in wich the people (demos) rule(krato).

I don't think that Iraqi people want a democracy.

And when I say government I imply the form of it.
Dont act stupid. A word may have a somantic meaning which is different from its composition. Democracy, as the word is used today, means that the population of a country is represented, either directly or through representatives, in the government. Thus Sweden, Finnland and the US are all democracies even though they have different froms of governments (Sweden is a democratic monarchy with a prime minister, Finland is a democratic republic with both a prime minister and president, whereas the US is a democratic republic without a prime minister. )
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nobody has the right to invade another country.

That's what I'm saying!!
Hitler

Pol Pot

Saddam Husein

Dont come and tell me it was wrong of the americans to invade germany in 1945, or that Vietnam shoudl not have put an end to Pol Pots genecide... Saddam Husein was not a sorvereign leader of teh Iraqi population. He was a cruel dictator and the americnas , british , spanish and several other were correct in removing him. That they may have had other motives do not change the fact that it was correct to remove him from power.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Normandy!
Insert Normandy up your ass.
War is for idiots like you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads