The Student Room Group

Broadcast Journalism Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by BeckyD
Hi :smile: I had my Trent interview in December and it's fine, nothing to worry about! It's pretty fun doing the voice test, it's not scary :smile: I've also applied to Leeds. Is it uni of Leeds or Leeds Met? When did you get your offer from them?

Hello:smile: what did you have to do for the written test? xxxx
Reply 161
Original post by chelme1
Hello:smile: what did you have to do for the written test? xxxx

Hey, yeah I was offered a place a couple of weeks ago :smile: for the written test you had to do 250 words on why you want to be a broadcast journalist
Reply 162
Original post by noor_meb
I've applied for;
Broadcast Journalism at Huddersfield & Leeds
Journalism at Huddersfield & Salford
+ Communications at Leeds

I've got 4 offers from Leeds and Huddersfield, and an interview with Salford....

I really want to go to Leeds Uni, but I'm drawn to writing more than the whole broadcast degree, would it be good to get into the route of journalism by doing a degree in communications (a more broad approach) then doing a MA in Journalism?

Well done on your offers! When did you hear from Leeds? I've applied but haven't heard anything yet :/
Hi Noor - think it depends on where your interests lie. A general Communications degree will be more academic, so will provide you with a more general social sciences type of education - which in theory could open doors. But a journalism degree will be more hands on.
I'm a bit torn between Nottingham Trent and Leeds - wondered what people thought?
Reply 165
Original post by ridgeback99
I'm a bit torn between Nottingham Trent and Leeds - wondered what people thought?

I go to Leeds, any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by oliviaL

what were your other options? and what made you choose Leeds in the end?
Reply 167

Always Leeds! I might be biased as I'm there right now, but Trent was my insurance, and I'd never look back!
Reply 168
Would really appreciate it if people could check out my blog http://becksinthecity-becksinthecity.blogspot.com/ just started it :smile:
Thanks everyone. I really like the look of Leeds too - the facilities look amazing and it's such a great uni :smile:
Original post by oliviaL

thanks Olivia
what's the course like? i went to the oct open day which was great, but be cool to know what you think! so much choice it's v confusing :confused: thanks :smile:
Reply 171
Original post by joely1993
what were your other options? and what made you choose Leeds in the end?

Trent was my backup and I liked Lincoln but that was it really they were my three favourite. I chose Leeds mainly because of the great facilities and the course just seemed that bit above the others. Im so glad I chose here as as well as the great course (which has does still have its ups and downs) the student tv and radio are also really good fun and a great way to get experience and make friends
Reply 172
thanks Olivia
what's the course like? i went to the oct open day which was great, but be cool to know what you think! so much choice it's v confusing :confused: thanks :smile:

the course is really good, it has its ups and downs as some modules in the first year dont really seem relevant and can be tedious but you really have to grit your teeth until second and third year which are much more practical. However although not all the modules would be my first choice they are more academic and will probably be more useful than all practical modules in the future.

Also LSTV and LSR (tv and radio) are really good fun and great for experience.
Leeds has really good student media often winning many awards. Although I believe Trent also has good student media too - they also win many awards.
Reply 174
Original post by oliviaL
the course is really good, it has its ups and downs as some modules in the first year dont really seem relevant and can be tedious but you really have to grit your teeth until second and third year which are much more practical. However although not all the modules would be my first choice they are more academic and will probably be more useful than all practical modules in the future.

Also LSTV and LSR (tv and radio) are really good fun and great for experience.

Is the course hard? Do you get thrown into the street straight away to start interviewing people? Are the modules that aren't relevant easy though or just boring? So hard making decisions!
Reply 175
WHICH UNI DO I CHOOSE?HELP.
NOTTINGHAM TRENT OR BOURNEMOUTH?
let me know if you are currently doing a similar course or uni, or anything that helps me to choose??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending