gyms Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Lol. You support Scotland? Oh dear. A boy at my old school is playing for Scotland youth now I think, even though he is BLATENTLY English. He is classy though and should become a top player.
yep, you have no idea what hell it is living in england. i don't care about the dubious nationality of the guy you know, lets face it half the team are NZ/SA and we need anyone vaguely good (or at least recognises a ball).

lou xxx
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i don't want him to go!!! mr whelan is great, if it wasn't for him orrel would have gone- they never really coped with goin professional. i think it's really odd that out of all the teams you're contracted with it's the one that i support and have really old jerseys of (look for the super old cica ones- the away kit was red + black and gold- that was when i started watching them. lol)

lou xxx
It is kinda freaky. I like league big time as well. There is rumours in Wigan that Orrell dont have any fans lol...but apparently they do! I think if Gary Connolly hadnt switched back to League after like two games Orrell would be going up this year. He is still sheer class.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
yep, you have no idea what hell it is living in england. i don't care about the dubious nationality of the guy you know, lets face it half the team are NZ/SA and we need anyone vaguely good (or at least recognises a ball).

lou xxx
You might actually be in luck. There are a lot of players from Northern public schools being poached by Scotland. They offer instant internationals at age 16/17 for the U18's and stuff meaning people are tempted.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You might actually be in luck. There are a lot of players from Northern public schools being poached by Scotland. They offer instant internationals at age 16/17 for the U18's and stuff meaning people are tempted.
so what qualifies you to get 'poached by Scotland then'? If you are right about Northern players being better, then Scotland will have a golden age coming soon (as well as being ex-League players)
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
so what qualifies you to get 'poached by Scotland then'? If you are right about Northern players being better, then Scotland will have a golden age coming soon (as well as being ex-League players)
Grandparent or parent rule or just being born in Scotland. Bet you didnt know Kryan Bracken was born in Dublin for example!

I doubt it. England always get the best players becuase even if you play for Sctoland at youth level, you can still revert to England for a full international I believe.

Sedbergh and Kirkham Grammar are prodcuing some very hot talent at the moment. My old school's current 1sts are pretty poor, but the U15's are supposed to have quality.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Grandparent or parent rule or just being born in Scotland. Bet you didnt know Kryan Bracken was born in Dublin for example!

I doubt it. England always get the best players becuase even if you play for Sctoland at youth level, you can still revert to England for a full international I believe.

Sedbergh and Kirkham Grammar are prodcuing some very hot talent at the moment. My old school's current 1sts are pretty poor, but the U15's are supposed to have quality.
i forgot about the fact you can revert.... it's a bit like Freddi Kanoute and Mali...
Alot of players get a choice of who they want to play for nowadays... look at Mike Catt, Greg Rusedski, Pieterson (that cricketer), it means that the good teams are getting better, and not many are left playing for lesser teams. I never really sympathised much with Scotland before tonight, but I can see the predicament they are in! Respect to Lou P for supporting Scotland - even tho she would be justified supporting england!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
i forgot about the fact you can revert.... it's a bit like Freddi Kanoute and Mali...
Alot of players get a choice of who they want to play for nowadays... look at Mike Catt, Greg Rusedski, Pieterson (that cricketer), it means that the good teams are getting better, and not many are left playing for lesser teams. I never really sympathised much with Scotland before tonight, but I can see the predicament they are in! Respect to Lou P for supporting Scotland - even tho she would be justified supporting england!
More importantly think about the Pacific Island sides. Now that is taking the p*ss. They are just stripped bare.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
More importantly think about the Pacific Island sides. Now that is taking the p*ss. They are just stripped bare.
yeah - all the samoans, tongans, fijians being poached by New Zealand...
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
yeah - all the samoans, tongans, fijians being poached by New Zealand...
The point is if they wernt allowed to poach them these teams would be as good as anybody in the world. Although it has to be said, by not going to New Zealand (and Australia) these players would not be as good as they are now.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The point is if they wernt allowed to poach them these teams would be as good as anybody in the world. Although it has to be said, by not going to New Zealand (and Australia) these players would not be as good as they are now.
true... although new zealand and australia wouldn't be as good either without the talented players that they've poached, so things will be much more even.....

bed time
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was paying 37.50 at home but it was worth every penny. I havent been ehre yet I still havent done the induction and I registered in oct, oops better get onto that.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm contracted to Orrell. Sadly we were beaten on Saturday by Worcester meaning the likely hood of us going up next year is very slim now.
Hooray worcester, its got to be said I'm local.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
I never really sympathised much with Scotland before tonight, but I can see the predicament they are in! Respect to Lou P for supporting Scotland - even tho she would be justified supporting england!
lol, i would get slaughtered by my family if i supported england! lets face it, if your grandparents are willing to buy you a debenture when the ground is refurbished (and you aren't even old enough to know what rugby is) then there isn't really any option but to support them! and anyway i love the atmosphere at murrayfield and scotland games. twickenam (sp) is boring anyhow.... and blue is somuch more practical in a rugby shirt

lou xxx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1276)
79.7%
Leave (325)
20.3%

Watched Threads