?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone doing this tomorrow?
lexazver203
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Anyone doing this tomorrow?

i have physics A practical 2moro-i think it's A anyway.
chandoug
Report 15 years ago
i got mine thursday
serious stuff
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chandoug)
i got mine thursday
Physics B(AQA) Practical?
chandoug
Report 15 years ago
yes i said once already :P some hints would be nice
serious stuff
Report 15 years ago
Is it the one on capacitors? Make sure you can wire circuits, I thought the exam was bloody solid and I did very badly.
serious stuff
Report 15 years ago
AS or A2?
chandoug
Report 15 years ago
the a2 capacitors 1 its tomorrow arrrrr
thunderstorm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mine isnt for a few weeks. think im A not sure. we had a practice one today though :| eek! i spent ages taking measurements then on the other half forgot how to do heat capacity, LOL
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
yeh ive got mine 2moro 2. ive just been goin over my capacitance notes lol. tell me how u find it 2moro.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Theres no theory questions really, remember, as cheating is so easy. If there were theory questions I could just tell you what they were now, and youd have the answers learnt off by heart by tomorrow - so they deliberately dont include theory questions. All you do is take some measurements for how long it takes to charge a capacitor through different values of resistance..plot a graph, find the gradient..etc.
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
oh yeh i wudnt expect u 2. the pre released material basically tells u what ur doin anyway and even if you get crap results u can still get full marks bizzarly (excuse the spelling). lol
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
yey just done it. how did everyone else find it? i thought it was pretty straighnt forward but i was worried at 1 point wen i thought id recorded the wrong thing but it was alrite.
Barny
Rep:
?
When I did it I cocked it up royally.
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
lol, how did u manage that? even if u did badly u can get full marks on the graph etc. The reading seemed straight forward reli...wot make su think u did badly
Barny
Rep:
?
Yes, but I messed up the graph etc...

The scale was confusing the hell out of me (with it being in 10^-6 and then going down to 10^-5) I didnt really understand where to start with the numbering and ****. Then when I finally figured out a way to do it I thought my value of capacitance was wrong(7.2x10^-4) or something - which is way too high, but the rest of the class got the same answer, but because I thought it was wrong, I did it again and got a different answer - left 2 answers for the same question(didnt cross any of them out) meaning I wont get any marks for that one. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to wire the circuit to series...not good. Just generally cocked it up I guess.
chandoug
Report 15 years ago
series? it wanted capacitors in parallel
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
yeh i usually have that problem with graphs but i learnt not to rush into it wen we did a mock last week so i guess it paid off. i agree with u about that value for the capacitance tho. it seemed a little odd but i thought as long as i did the table etc well they wudnt penalise me.
Barny
Rep:
?
series? it wanted capacitors in parallel
Yes, but you need to connect the resistors in series..
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
I dont mind the table/grpahs etc and the the final questions but them questions before you had to collect the data were annoying. i never knew whetehr i was doin it right
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads