Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I regard posting on the board as a sort of educational expierence. I accept that a lot of people on here have different perspectives on things and I find discussing things with them enhances my own understanding. Not only because I get to hear another line of argument but also because the debate helps me to enhance my own. Oh and also, because I'm going to uni in the U.K next year and wanted to talk to some British students.

I can't help feeling your reasons for posting aren't the same as mine.

Funnily enough Kildare, i think my motives are exactly the same. Are you suggesting that Vienna's are not??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    It doesn't make you a Nazi..

did you vote for them? and why do you think the people in your area did?
    No, I'm I was in a different country at the time so couldnt exactly have voted.

Its very complicated. But the vast majority of people who voted BNP are not racist.

ReputationRep:
    Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery... If you disagree with someone on pretty much everythign why would you want to adopt the same style of argument.
    lol.. it was more of a mockery.. but I hoped that it was a type that she'd understand- anyways I've learnt my lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)

Its very complicated. But the vast majority of people who voted BNP are not racist.
    Perhaps just misinformed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    what Kildare just said.. and also I'm still clinging on (or was until a few posts ago) to the hope that one day you

will respect other people's opinions and take a critical look at your own blinkered views
    and how does that work...."respect opinions" and "ur blinkered views" in the same sentence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)

They may not be racist but perhaps their not well-informed about what the BNP gets up to and the tactics they use to force through their messages. I can't imagine anyone who claims they are not racist voting for the BNP.. unless they don't know their policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    anyways I've learnt my lesson.
    lets hope so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    lol.. it was more of a mockery.. but I hoped that it was a type that she'd understand- anyways I've learnt my lesson.
    I think you need to detach Vienna as a person from the arguements she makes. I also thinks she is deliberatly polemic in her early posts in threads, if you respond calmly to them she (usually) responds in kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    and how does that work...."respect opinions" and "ur blinkered views" in the same sentence?
    It's an observation.. I did respect your views up until your resorted to personal attacks that had nothing to do with the issues we were discussing

ReputationRep:
    lets hope so...
    These are the kind of posts I just don't get

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to detach Vienna as a person from the arguements she makes. I also thinks she is deliberatly polemic in her early posts in threads, if you respond calmly to them she (usually) responds in kind.
    thankyou for noticing...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps just misinformed.
    Some people yes. Others no. Like I said its complicated, id have to write an essay to explain fully and I dont fee like doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    It's an observation.. I did respect your views up until your resorted to personal attacks that had nothing to do with the issues we were discussing
    that comes after you call mine hypocritical for no apparent reason.
    dont invite tension if you are cant take the heat you should expect.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna never responds calmly.. or at least hasn't when I've made a valid points.

It's not a good tactic.. it's like your deliberatley looking for a fight instead of trying to understand a different perspective..

anyways.. im cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    that comes after you call mine hypocritical for no apparent reason.
    dont invite tension if you are cant take the heat you should expect.
    I'd explained my reason.. if you'd like to go back to the first page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    They may not be racist but perhaps their not well-informed about what the BNP gets up to and the tactics they use to force through their messages. I can't imagine anyone who claims they are not racist voting for the BNP.. unless they don't know their policies.
    Thats why its so complicated. You presume that, and I would too if I didnt understand the situation. But its not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I've made a valid points.
    why didnt u tell us earlier..we wouldnt have bothered with a debate.

ReputationRep:
    why didnt u tell us earlier..we wouldnt have bothered with a debate.
    I haven't seen much of a debate so far

ReputationRep:
    thankyou for noticing...
    I still think you could avoid belittling 17 year old students from the off and instead just outline your arguement calmy and rationally straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I'd explained my reason.. if you'd like to go back to the first page
    you reasoning being linked to ancient threads, and even then based on the logic of a child. all this detached from the accusation. antagonistic or absent minded?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.