Vienna is on form 2night
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
I haven't seen much of a debate so far
which particular thread were u referring to?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
you reasoning being linked to ancient threads and detached from the accusation. antagonistic or absent minded?
Ancient thread? Maybe.. but the issue isn't.
So perhaps (without resorting to personal insults) you could explain to me why you thought that Alpha_Male's post should be deleted because he wanted to kill Nazi's because he disagrees with the way they treat other human beings? Isn't that the justification you used for Iraqis? Isn't that hypocrytical?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I still think you could avoid belittling 17 year old students from the off and instead just outline your arguement calmy and rationally straight away.
belittling? take a look at the current 'daddy, why did we go to war' thread.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I still think you could avoid belittling 17 year old students from the off and instead just outline your arguement calmy and rationally straight away.
Sorry but when 17 yr old students try to belittle others they attract bad attention from seasoned pros like Vienna - she is perfectly within her rights to condescend and deride the views of those whom she doesnt think have particularly strong arguments - it is kinder to those people really - not that i always agree with the woman
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
by the way Aliel i hope u were convinced by my PM and that the whole thing has been cleared up
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Sorry but when 17 yr old students try to belittle others they attract bad attention from seasoned pros like Vienna - she is perfectly within her rights to condescend and deride the views of those whom she doesnt think have particularly strong arguments - it is kinder to those people really - not that i always agree with the woman
Of course she is perfectly within her rights. I just thought that as the 'mature' member in the discussion she could take the lead and move the discussion away from petty personal attacks and onto some sort of substantive issue.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hang on.. just because she doesn't agree with the views doesn't give her the right to "condescende and deride" them. I would much prefer if she'd point out want she disagrees with and why.. it's not like my views are outrageous or controversial.

And I resent the fact that age is played against me.. being older doesn't necessarily make you wiser.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Having lost several relatives in teh holocoust, I can assure you I dislike teh Nazi's probably more than anyone else on these pages. However the thread starter on this page seems to sugest that the way to deal with Nazi's is to transform the society into a complete anarchy where people should be executed without trial because they support views which contradict the laws and morals of the society. Nazi's or not, this is just an unacceptable situation. If you want to deal with nazism you do it the propper way. You let them take responsibility for eventual crimes in a propper trial. Unleashing a flood of sparadic violence against potential Nazi supporters will transform society into an earthly abyss. Noone will benefit from such actions.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
hang on.. just because she doesn't agree with the views doesn't give her the right to "condescende and deride" them. I would much prefer if she'd point out want she disagrees with and why.. it's not like my views are outrageous or controversial.

And I resent the fact that age is played against me.. being older doesn't necessarily make you wiser.
Actually it does in most cases - but i was referring more to the likes of Kildare who sometimes makes a nuisance of himself rather than u Elle - i take ur point though = i am only 19 and i am definitely wiser than Sandee (vienna).
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Having lost several relatives in teh holocoust, I can assure you I dislike teh Nazi's probably more than anyone else on these pages. However the thread starter on this page seems to sugest that the way to deal with Nazi's is to transform the society into a complete anarchy where people should be executed without trial because they support views which contradict the laws and morals of the society. Nazi's or not, this is just an unacceptable situation. If you want to deal with nazism you do it the propper way. You let them take responsibility for eventual crimes in a propper trial. Unleashing a flood of sparadic violence against potential Nazi supporters will transform society into an earthly abyss. Noone will benefit from such actions.
<applaudes>
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
An 'earthly abyss' - does one exist? Well i agree with u jonatan because the 'terror' in France in the late 1700s was crap and the Jacobins had no sense at all - Trials are only acceptable if the sentencing is suitable
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Actually it does in most cases - but i was referring more to the likes of Kildare who sometimes makes a nuisance of himself rather than u Elle - i take ur point though = i am only 19 and i am definitely wiser than Sandee (vienna).
Kildare's views are pretty well informed and based on logic rather than emotion whereas Vienna looks to be deliberatley controversial and aggressive- which I think is more of a nuisance. Anyway point taken..
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Kildare's views are pretty well informed and based on logic rather than emotion whereas Vienna looks to be deliberatley controversial and aggressive- which I think is more of a nuisance. Anyway point taken..
Well-informed but sometimes too full of rhetoric and attitude. Yes Vienna does sometimes tend towards 'opposition for opposition's sake'
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How do I 'make a nusiance of myself'?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i too lost relatives in the holocaust and then some of my family had to live through the cold war on the *wrong* side of the Iron Curtain. Exactly, Nazi's should have the rule of law, just like any one else to protect them otehrwise you are jsut as bad. Although there is no evidence linking hitler to the holocaust (damn).
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
I'm quite an emotional person actually. I realise I come across as a dry son of a ***** on this forum though.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i
Although there is no evidence linking hitler to the holocaust (damn).
:confused:
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm quite an emotional person actually. I realise I come across as a dry son of a ***** on this forum though.
lol.. I didn't quite mean it like that
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How do I 'make a nusiance of myself'?
i have already answered ur question - and i am sure u will be answering ur own question in the next few posts - u have on occasion been disparaging to others for their opinions - particularly on a tuition fees thread
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
32%
No (15)
60%
Don't know (2)
8%

Watched Threads