This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Don't you just love this film? I love Rita.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
yes it was quite good. I'm a big fan of Michael Caine, but this was easily one of the best scripts he could ever have had the chance at acting out. The Rita character oozed style, a classic if ever there was one.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
yes it was quite good. I'm a big fan of Michael Caine, but this was easily one of the best scripts he could ever have had the chance at acting out. The Rita character oozed style, a classic if ever there was one.
I suppose when he turns into an alcoholic it gets an interesting role to act. My favourite character is the flatmate who kills herself. "What am I doing? This is maaaaaaadness!" I'm running a bistro for a friend at the moment, fascinating peeeeeople, you'd love it!" So OTT.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I love it, but I love the ending of the play a million times more than the ending of the film
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love Rita... pity she hit Chesney though.
cherrydrops1985
Report 16 years ago
That was one cool play/film!! bare laughs! i liked the ending too when she chops his hair/beard? cant remmeber was about 4 yrs ago when i watched it!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SparklLZz)
That was one cool play/film!! bare laughs! i liked the ending too when she chops his hair/beard? cant remmeber was about 4 yrs ago when i watched it!
that's the ending to the play, something along the lines of: 'but first, I'm going to give you a good............................ ...........................hairc ut'

the film has a soppy emotional scene at the airport. I just think the final line in the play is so much more in keeping with the tone set.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sounds like there must be two Educating Ritas because the one I have seen was a load of old rubbish.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Sounds like there must be two Educating Ritas because the one I have seen was a load of old rubbish.

there's only one - just the film was an adapted version of the play by Willy Russell.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
there's only one - just the film was an adapted version of the play by Willy Russell.
Required: One sarcasm smilie, preferably not smilling.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Required: One sarcasm smilie, preferably not smilling.
I'm tired. this goes over my head. no doubt i will look at this tomorrow and have moment of clarity.

Educating Rita rocks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
28.57%
No (17)
60.71%
Don't know (3)
10.71%

Watched Threads