Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ernst and Young assessment centre. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Having passed my first round interview I have been invited to an assessment centre.

I am just wondering what they are like?

I actually enjoyed the interview, is this a whole different kettle of fish?

I understand that it's team based activities and then an interview with a partner?

Anybody know the proportion of people that will get an offer?

Cheers, Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montyr)
    Hi there,

Having passed my first round interview I have been invited to an assessment centre.

I understand that it's team based activities and then an interview with a partner?

Cheers, Ryan.
    Well, first of all congratulations!

The assessment centre is a really welcoming experience. In my AC, I was given research to do before hand to contribute towards a group task as the first point of call in the AC. You will then go through several tasks to show your analytical ability and lastly a group of tests, such like the ones you did online but a lot harder!

I had my partner interview on the same day but some didn't and had theirs on another day.

I think it is about meeting a certain level of competency but it also depends on the amount of places in the department of the office your going for.

If you have any questions, just give me a PM.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the reply!

Will drop you a pm in the near future!

Thanks, Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidcy147)
    Well, first of all congratulations!

The assessment centre is a really welcoming experience. In my AC, I was given research to do before hand to contribute towards a group task as the first point of call in the AC. You will then go through several tasks to show your analytical ability and lastly a group of tests, such like the ones you did online but a lot harder!

I had my partner interview on the same day but some didn't and had theirs on another day.

I think it is about meeting a certain level of competency but it also depends on the amount of places in the department of the office your going for.

If you have any questions, just give me a PM.

Good luck!
    Hey mate, just wondered if the AC is mixed with applicants to all areas of the company or is it limited to people from your stream/department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Hey mate, just wondered if the AC is mixed with applicants to all areas of the company or is it limited to people from your stream/department?
    Hey there!

Yes, there is applicants from all departments of the company.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidcy147)
    Hey there!

Yes, there is applicants from all departments of the company.

Hope this helps
    Cool, thanks. The manager I had a first interview with seemed to think it would be only people I was in competition with but I was unsure whether that was the case. Hopefully they set a date soon though as time is going on :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I've applied for the undergraduate scholarship scheme at E&Y, I'm through to the assessment centre. Just wondering how many stages are there and what are they? Also how many places are there in this scheme? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    If you haven;t already been in to see us, the assessment centre is the final stage and we have 13 places for this year's scholarship.
    Steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernst & Young)
    Hi there,
    If you haven;t already been in to see us, the assessment centre is the final stage and we have 13 places for this year's scholarship.
    Steve
    If you have 13 places then how many people compete from them?

ReputationRep:
    Returned my contract, will they be in contact to say they have received it or will I need to call and check?

Cheers, Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I just found out that I passed my first interview stage with the senior manager for Audit - I have applied for an undergraduate internship for summer 2012.

They said they will email me shortly for details regarding the assessment centre. I was just wondering what actually happens on the day; on EY's website it does not mention that we have to do any written numerical/verbal reasoning tests and it does not mention anything about having to do presentations. All it states is that the assessment centre includes a group case study, partner interview and written reports...

So I am confused as to whether I will have to sit the written tests or not as it does not mention anything about written tests on their website!

If anyone could help clarify this with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Sucheta.

ReputationRep:
    I had a group task first, for which we were given research to do before we got there.

Then a report to summarize.

A phone call, with a feedback form to fill in afterwards to see how you did.

Probably something else I've forgotten and finally written tests, the numerical/verbal reasoning tests, similar to the online ones.

Unless things have changed in the last 6 months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suche29)
    Hello all,

I just found out that I passed my first interview stage with the senior manager for Audit - I have applied for an undergraduate internship for summer 2012.

They said they will email me shortly for details regarding the assessment centre. I was just wondering what actually happens on the day; on EY's website it does not mention that we have to do any written numerical/verbal reasoning tests and it does not mention anything about having to do presentations. All it states is that the assessment centre includes a group case study, partner interview and written reports...

So I am confused as to whether I will have to sit the written tests or not as it does not mention anything about written tests on their website!

If anyone could help clarify this with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Sucheta.

I did my assessment day about 3 days ago! You will have to do 3 of the tests again: verbal, numerical and diagrammatic. You will be doing it on paper and you will have 6 minutes to do 8 questions for each section.
    Hope that clarifies things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montyr)
    Hi there,

Cheers, Ryan.
    Hi

I have my first interview on thursday and I was wondering if you could tell me what questions you were asked? and also which office? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer of 69)
    Hi

I have my first interview on thursday and I was wondering if you could tell me what questions you were asked? and also which office? Thanks!
    Hi there, I was informed I passed the online tests and they would contact me about the next steps but its been a week and I havent heard anything. How long did it take for them to contact u for the first interview arrangement? Im thinking whether I should call them up. I apply for the summer internship btw. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taschan)
    Hi there, I was informed I passed the online tests and they would contact me about the next steps but its been a week and I havent heard anything. How long did it take for them to contact u for the first interview arrangement? Im thinking whether I should call them up. I apply for the summer internship btw. Cheers
    hey

i applied for the manchester office and they rang me 2 days after id done the online tests to say that id been successful and when my interview was. I probs would call them if i was you!

ReputationRep:
    After my usual 2 minutes of sex, it's off for a run.

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes*

ReputationRep:
    Is there another stage after the assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited to attend an assessment on thursday! I thought it was a bit sudden but I'm really excited! I was actually expecting some sort of phone interview or something before this stage as so far all I've done is fill in an application and do some online tests. I expect the assessment day to be a big step up from this. Can anyone who's done it tell me what sort of activities I'll be asked to participate in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.