?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
abcd
psychocustard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You salivate a lot more, and it tastes funny (often sweeter), and your stomach churns like hell.

Blegh, it's a gross feeling
musicforsanity
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tbh, if you haven't thrown up for a long time it's pretty unlikely you will unless you're really really sick. I'm the same.

It's hard to tell when you're about to except for obviously feeling really nauseous. My mouth waters for some reason when I'm about to ralph.

Keep a plastic bucket next to your bed in case.
whyisthatcrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
more saliva which is also sweeter and warmer although Im not sure if this warning gives you enough time to find a bucket.
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My mouth alwayssssss waters right before i'm about to be sick, and I get stomach cramps.
Bleak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by whyisthatcrazy)
more saliva which is also sweeter and warmer although Im not sure if this warning gives you enough time to find a bucket.
This! I was sick on Monday. Literally moments beforehand I had an excess of saliva that tasted funny.
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicforsanity)
Tbh, if you haven't thrown up for a long time it's pretty unlikely you will unless you're really really sick. I'm the same.

It's hard to tell when you're about to except for obviously feeling really nauseous. My mouth waters for some reason when I'm about to ralph.

Keep a plastic bucket next to your bed in case.
Fandabidoze!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The last time I was sick was a few months ago but before then, like you, I hadn't been sick since I was very young.

I agree about the saliva thing although that sometimes happens to me when I don't throw up so I don't think it's a definate sign. I also had a stomach ache which felt the worst just under my chest. I also agree with the advice given regarding the bucket by the bed as I didn't even have time to get out of my bed (I was trying to get to sleep at the time I threw up) let alone make the mad dash to the bathroom.
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
(Original post by psychocustard)
You salivate a lot more, and it tastes funny (often sweeter), and your stomach churns like hell.

Blegh, it's a gross feeling
I've had a funny taste in my mouth for a while now, my mouth feels less moist than usual hmm. My stomach has been churning for almost a week lol.
psychocustard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BackDoorEntry)
I've had a funny taste in my mouth for a while now, my mouth feels less moist than usual hmm. My stomach has been churning for almost a week lol.
That's odd. Not eaten anything funny or had any other symptoms? Pretty sure you shouldn't be feeling sick for that long...
PasserBy9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you are preoccupied by it, then you are increasing your chances of throwing up - it sounds silly but there is a psychological factor involved.
Disenchanted
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You will have an extremely off stomach - I don't know how to describe it, you just KNOW that puke is about to be coming up your oesophagus. Plus you will salivate, I believe for its neutralizing effects against the acidity of your stomach contents.
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can somehow stop myself from puking... if I'm ill, I'll get the nausea and excess saliva and my heart rate will increase but then it doesn't go any further than that. :dontknow: I haven't been sick since I was about 11.
Fjarskafinn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I'm being sick spontaneously (i.e. not induced by alcohol or whatever), my body goes heavy and cold, my mouth starts watering, my head starts spinning. Gives me enough time to dash to the bathroom, where I stand over the sink: not the toilet - somehow that only strengthens the idea that I'm going to be sick. I've never thown up in the sink, if I can feel my stomach churning, and I'm actually going to vom, I step over to the toilet, shut my eyes and let it go.

EDIT: This has only happened a handful of times - I can probably count the number of times I've thrown up from illness on two hands, from my childhood until now.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're about to vom then you will know about it. Trust me.
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
(Original post by psychocustard)
That's odd. Not eaten anything funny or had any other symptoms? Pretty sure you shouldn't be feeling sick for that long...
Chronic reflux and tummy upsets, as diagnosed today
*twinkletoes*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I havent been sick for about 3 years but sometimes I feel like im going to, my stomach starts to churn and my mouth tastes hideous... I always manage to 'switch off' the feeling though which is good
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
For me my heart starts beating very fast, I get silent hiccups and feel really dizzy.
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cybele)
I can somehow stop myself from puking... if I'm ill, I'll get the nausea and excess saliva and my heart rate will increase but then it doesn't go any further than that. :dontknow: I haven't been sick since I was about 11.
Yeah same, its a blessing cos being sick is just horrible.. but its also a curse because the nausea is apparently a lot worse than being sick itself
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get a really bad headache, plus the stomach pains. I have to stay still and take loads of deep breaths to help it go away lol
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise