How are we finding sixth form? Watch

This discussion is closed.
salmiak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Having a great time at college, right next to the city centre so if you want to go to the pub at lunch.. teachers don't hassle you unless you don't ever turn up, etc
They understand if you have to miss lessons for a good reason - you don't need a note or anything. Everyone's a lot more adult and mature than they were at sixth form - you get the work done. Basically, I've met some of the best friends I could and am having an ace time.
Still looking forward to uni though!
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm really enjoying 6th form - the work and the way you're treated (i.e. more as equals by teachers) etc., but at the same time I can't wait for university.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I liked it at college, but am a lot more comfortable at uni.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I like sixthform. I have a lot of really great teachers and lovely friends i've known for almost seven years. There is a lot of work but it is fun and there's always something going on that you can get excited about. Sometimes it's stressful and sometimes it's just great. I'm going to miss all my friends ever so much when we start uni! Can already feel the tears welling up.
Annika17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Just thought I'd get learning back on the agenda seeing as we badly need to:

I wanted to know about how people are finding sixth-form and why. Because some find it's the dog's bits, the bee's knees, the best years of their life. Others find it absolutely boring and dead and can't wait to leave.

I personally am of the latter. My sixth form has no activities to speak of. No TV, pool table, games, music, just chairs. Because of this few of my mates are in for anything besides lessons. The only fun I seem to have is when we go to our library (where we can joke and make noise to our hearts' content) before going out on the piss. I really can't wait for university. Though I have strengthened and made great friendships. Shame I'm going to a different city to any of them... oh well I'm bound to have fun!

Now your turn.

Sixth form is rubbish. Literally. I moved to a different region in August, and so I had to start all over again. New friends etc. I always wanted to got to sixth form, and it is true that people say it's a barrel of laughs. In my opinion, its a waste of time.I only come here because I know that college wouldn't be any better. It's sooo boring. And I'm still only in my first year. Does it get any better? I'd leave, but I really want to go to university. So I'm stuck in bordem until I've finished my studies. The torture. The pain. The bordem. Its unbearable. Thank god for EMA!!!
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm finding Sixth Form not really much different than school as I stayed on at the same school from Sixth Form. In our common room, it's large and hasa CD Player. (The year 11 have a cd player & snooker table).
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it cool non stop partys
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)
I'm finding Sixth Form not really much different than school as I stayed on at the same school from Sixth Form. In our common room, it's large and hasa CD Player. (The year 11 have a cd player & snooker table).
Our common room was destroyed; our CD player was destroyed as well .
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my 6th form is in a secondary school turned prison. its hell!!! im not even allowed to hold hands with ma bf!

the toilets r locked constantly, lucnh times r within a certain bondry for each year. (each yr as lunch at a seperate time) and the boudry is only enought to compfortably hold 100 max kids, bearin in mind theres 250 to a year!!!! and loads mor but il bore u! argH!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sixth Form is fun but I know Uni will be 10 times better so I can't wait to leave! The only bad thing is that we had hardly any new people join so I've been with my schoolmates for 7 years now!! :eek: and most of the good bits are out the way like trips, painting the school, BBQ's in the summer.. now have to knuckle down for the exams.. can't wait to start Uni!!!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I really liked 6th form at first - but now I cant wait until Uni. I have 3/4 close mates and I hate almost everyone else in my 6th form. If the people in my year werent such a bunch of geeks/cocks/etc. then Im sure it would be more bearable.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I really liked 6th form at first - but now I cant wait until Uni. I have 3/4 close mates and I hate almost everyone else in my 6th form. If the people in my year werent such a bunch of geeks/cocks/etc. then Im sure it would be more bearable.
Exactly
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The 6th forms quality depends on who is in it. Therefore, next year it will be hell on earth.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
its crap
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads