This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ive been thinkin about being a vegetarian for ages coz i dont like the thought of killing animals for food at all. i mean why should they die so that we can eat them? ive started feeling sick when i eat meat but still not turned vegie yet lol.
does evry1 think this way coz put ureself in the animals position, growing up wiv parents then watchin them get killed then knowing ure gonna get killed ureself. i mean its not like no 1 can survive without it. i sound stupid but i think evry1 is deliberately not thinking about the matter so they wont feel guilty.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Vegetables are getting cheaper but meat is always under inflation. So there is an economic argument for vegetarianism. It's easier on the purse!

But scientists reckon it's bad for your health and we should have a balanced diet. That argument alone will have me eating my chicken!
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
edders is a veggie, so maybe he can give you some good advice. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. Humans are meat-eaters by nature.
Lbar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The way I see it, the animals are already dead awaiting consumption. I'm giving meaning to their death so they did not die in vain!

I haven't been able to convert existing veggies though
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
ive been thinkin about being a vegetarian for ages coz i dont like the thought of killing animals for food at all. i mean why should they die so that we can eat them? ive started feeling sick when i eat meat but still not turned vegie yet lol.
does evry1 think this way coz put ureself in the animals position, growing up wiv parents then watchin them get killed then knowing ure gonna get killed ureself. i mean its not like no 1 can survive without it. i sound stupid but i think evry1 is deliberately not thinking about the matter so they wont feel guilty.
Dont be silly your body is made for eating other animals. You will be depriving it of what it requires. Have you ever seen a pale faced spotty ill-looking vegy before?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just think of all those animals you will be giving life to by eating them. They wouldn't be born if nobody wanted to eat them

You're doing them a favour.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Vegetables are getting cheaper but meat is always under inflation. So there is an economic argument for vegetarianism. It's easier on the purse!

But scientists reckon it's bad for your health and we should have a balanced diet. That argument alone will have me eating my chicken!
the argument is boulderdash - i am a vegan emmz and i am a very healthy 19yr old man - 6ft, well-built(ish) etc. there is no problem with vegetarianism because u get all ur nutrients from the food u eat instead of meat - it is healthier and great for ur digestive system - personally i think women who are for the rights of animals but eat meat are particularly unattractive on a point of principle - become a vegan or at least a veggie first
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Just think of all those animals you will be giving life to by eating them. They wouldn't be born if nobody wanted to eat them

You're doing them a favour.
no - in India and other hindu countries people have been vegetarians for thousands of years - they dont seem unhealthy to me - they comprise a sixth of the world pop today - they seem to live healthy lives
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Also, animals like being killed and eaten.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
the argument is boulderdash - i am a vegan emmz and i am a very healthy 19yr old man - 6ft, well-built(ish) etc. there is no problem with vegetarianism because u get all ur nutrients from the food u eat instead of meat - it is healthier and great for ur digestive system - personally i think women who are for the rights of animals but eat meat are particularly unattractive on a point of principle - become a vegan or at least a veggie first
So you don't contest the economics...

But I couldn't give up my chicken and pork!
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Also, animals like being killed and eaten.
If I was just some stupid cow with nothing better to do than eat grass all day than I would relish the chance of being a piece of a human being! If the cow is really lucky it might end up being part of MY body - now how sweet would that be!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So you don't contest the economics...

But I couldn't give up my chicken and pork!
oi street soldier - the economics are fine - but it is a lifestyle choice - my grandad and granmum are in their eighties and have been vegetarians all their lives and vegan for the gr8 majority - u are likely to be healthier as a veg rather than as a meat-eater with all probs with cholestorol clogging up those arteries
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How much exercise do you do per week?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If I was just some stupid cow with nothing better to do than eat grass all day than I would relish the chance of being a piece of a human being! If the cow is really lucky it might end up being part of MY body - now how sweet would that be!
what the parasite in ur brain by the time u realise it has BSE
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i go for a 2,5 mile run everyday + gym three-four times a week - i am an adonis
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oi street soldier - the economics are fine - but it is a lifestyle choice - my grandad and granmum are in their eighties and have been vegetarians all their lives and vegan for the gr8 majority - u are likely to be healthier as a veg rather than as a meat-eater with all probs with cholestorol clogging up those arteries
Fair dos, enjoy it.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not to mention kickboxing and rugby/cricket when in season
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair dos, enjoy it.
join us
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i go for a 2,5 mile run everyday + gym three-four times a week - i am an adonis

Hahaha. 2.5 miles. Little wussy. When I go running I do at least 15km but mostly I cycle which I do at least 100 miles a week.

Anyway the reason I say is because if you ate proper foods you would be a much better performer. Maybe then you might become half decent at running.
emmz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i no im an hypocrite lol but its like an addiction wiv me coz i always feel like ham r somethin. my mums says shes a vege although she eats speghette bolognase (if thats how u spell it lol) but thats just really annoyin. its just the thought of the animals and i bet hardly any1 actually sees them killed so its easy to forget about (apart frm butchers of course)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads