Ideas for earning money this year Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm looking on some employment sites for a second job to earn money for University.
Has anybody ever done an American camp thing? They are offering free flights, free food and accomodation, weekly allowance as well as a wage.
What do you reckon?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My flatmate did one and she ended up with this huge group of lesbians there were only about 2 girls there that werent. i know other people who have done it and had a great time. it looks like a good laugh.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could jihack, wrong spelling to avoid CIA (?) hahaha, one EU president ...
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I'm looking on some employment sites for a second job to earn money for University.
Has anybody ever done an American camp thing? They are offering free flights, free food and accomodation, weekly allowance as well as a wage.
What do you reckon?

I think if you are lookin to save money, then Camp America probably isn't the right job - I looked at it for exactly the same reason last year and decided that the money just wasn't enough to come home with anything near what I needed to put towards uni costs. Camp America looks like a really good way to go travelling on a budget - free flights and enough money to live on, but not really to save.

I have friends who did it and loved it, though
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why not build some evil weapons of mass destruction and hold the world to ransom for...............

1 million dollars

hehehehe!

?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This one's easy. Wait outside the post office on a thursday mourning and mug defensless old grannys for their pension. Its easy, just give 'em a little shuv and they fall over. Kewl

I hope you all have a sense of humour now.

I can see the replies already... 'that's not funny'
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you only get six days off out of 9 weeks on camp America :eek:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
This one's easy. Wait outside the post office on a thursday mourning and mug defensless old grannys for their pension. Its easy, just give 'em a little shuv and they fall over. Kewl

I hope you all have a sense of humour now.

I can see the replies already... 'that's not funny'
If it was anybody else I would be disgusted buy since you are from Liverpool its to be expected from you .Just think of them poor grannies though.

Why not mug scallies instead? Surely this is more moral and more rewarding?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
If it was anybody else I would be disgusted buy since you are from Liverpool its to be expected from you .Just think of them poor grannies though.

Oi!!! He's not the only scouser on the forum...and not all of us are such dicks.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if youwanna be a bit more creative, i do things like make and sell music videos to local bands, make short films, act etc.

but thats only any good if you do that kinda stuff already
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

They fight back!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Oi!!! He's not the only scouser on the forum...and not all of us are such dicks.
Hehe I love scousers really, they always seem to energetic and full of life. Also they know how to take the piss out of them selves like mancs. If you call a Londoner a cockney they get all defensive and angry, if you call a liverpudlian a scouser they don't seem mind.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe I love scousers really, they always seem to energetic and full of life. Also they know how to take the piss out of them selves like mancs. If you call a Londoner a cockney they get all defensive and angry, if you call a liverpudlian a scouser they don't seem mind.
accent grinds you down after a while though (he he my dad's a scouser)
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
accent grinds you down after a while though (he he my dad's a scouser)
Tell me about it, I had a scouser tutor at college, he was great fun and full of life but trying to learn Java while being taught in a scouse accent is very hard! He had a very strong scouse accent though. He took the piss out of me all the time but in a nice way. With the UCAS reference he wrote me I could have got into any uni if I had the grades. Somthing on the lines of I was the best student he's ever seen etc.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you call a Londoner a cockney they get all defensive and angry

because cockney isn't a term to describe all Londoners/London accents - it only applies to a proportionally small area of London.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tell me about it, I had a scouser tutor at college, he was great fun and full of life but trying to learn Java while being taught in a scouse accent is very hard! He had a very strong scouse accent though. He took the piss out of me all the time but in a nice way. With the UCAS reference he wrote me I could have got into any uni if I had the grades. Somthing on the lines of I was the best student he's ever seen etc.
aww. i know they're usually ace ppl - all my cousins live up there - but i sometimes i seriously can't understand them, even though i have to listen to my dad every day. lol - all his little sayings like 'who knitted ya face coz they dropped a stitch' and 'are you talking to me or chewing a brick' he he - gotta love 'em
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate scousers. I'm from Liverpool and thats about it.
JuniperBlue
Report 16 years ago
Be an au pair for a rich family? Around £200 a week in some cases I hear.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sell a kidney!
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Sell a kidney!
sell BOTH kidneys, and live in hospital!

loadsa money, and no rent
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (542)
66.5%
No (273)
33.5%

Watched Threads