Ideas for earning money this year Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm actually considering something of a small ironing business. Very small though. Basically putting up flyers with my phone number saying that I'll do ironing on Sundays at $50 per basket. Its an idea, but it can't hurt to try can it? I'd only be after 6-7 baskets, which could be done in 7-8 hours.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
I hate scousers. I'm from Liverpool and thats about it.
i don't mind scousers, some are so funny, but the scallies drive me mad... they're all such clones and you just see them all on the train in their trakkies and burberry caps...clones. and you have never experienced bad taste in clothes until you spend 10 minutes at Lime Street Station in Liverpool on a friday/saturday night. words cannot explain some of the clothes worn.
but hey, Liverpool isa great city and the people are generally brilliant.

as for summer jobs- i've applied to become a courier with a mobile home/camping company called Eurocamp. pay is about £100 a week and it's just during the summer in countries in Europe. they pay for your travel and accomadation, your only real cost is food and anyone i've spoken to whose done it has loved it. http://62.105.90.50/holidaybreakjobs/Index.cfm?ver=1

lou xxx
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'm actually considering something of a small ironing business. Very small though. Basically putting up flyers with my phone number saying that I'll do ironing on Sundays at $50 per basket. Its an idea, but it can't hurt to try can it? I'd only be after 6-7 baskets, which could be done in 7-8 hours.
Is the manager job not paying enough? Why not try tutoring instead? It pasys well, I will do that when I go to uni.

(Original post by lou p lou)
i don't mind scousers, some are so funny, but the scallies drive me mad... they're all such clones and you just see them all on the train in their trakkies and burberry caps.
More likely wearing gloves and hoodies, with the hood up, even inside. And their slouched position. You can't miss them.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't mind scousers, some are so funny, but the scallies drive me mad... they're all such clones and you just see them all on the train in their trakkies and burberry caps...clones. and you have never experienced bad taste in clothes until you spend 10 minutes at Lime Street Station in Liverpool on a friday/saturday night. words cannot explain some of the clothes worn.
but hey, Liverpool isa great city and the people are generally brilliant.

as for summer jobs- i've applied to become a courier with a mobile home/camping company called Eurocamp. pay is about £100 a week and it's just during the summer in countries in Europe. they pay for your travel and accomadation, your only real cost is food and anyone i've spoken to whose done it has loved it. http://62.105.90.50/holidaybreakjobs/Index.cfm?ver=1

lou xxx
we used to go on eurocamp holidays. the reps were always starving and came to loads of out bbqs n stuff. it's ace though we used to go out to the clubs and that wiv them.

where were you going to go? i can recommend some the best campsites if you like. i am probaly the most experienced 17 year old eurocamper
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
we used to go on eurocamp holidays. the reps were always starving and came to loads of out bbqs n stuff. it's ace though we used to go out to the clubs and that wiv them.

where were you going to go? i can recommend some the best campsites if you like. i am probaly the most experienced 17 year old eurocamper
lol, i dunno, i been on a fair few of them myself. i love italy to bits, but it's so ridiclously hot there in august me thinks i wouldn't want to be cleaning mobile homes + i'd rather be by a pool.... you have to choose the site carefully, some of them get so many overnighters and there's loads to be cleaned every day. i would really love brittany- spent quite a few holidays there when i was younger, the weather is good, but not unbearable + i feel i at leats know the area. if i could choose any site it would be camping de 'orange in Quimper in brittany... but that's just being too fussy.

lou xxx
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for 2776
I'll give that a look. I finished up as a McDonald's manager on Saturday. Just waiting for my Youth Allowance forms to clear before I move to begin full time study. Though I've been offered a job at the McDonald's over there as a regular crew person with promotion to manager within 3 months. Don't think I'll take it though. I've done enough of that to last anyone a life time.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, i dunno, i been on a fair few of them myself. i love italy to bits, but it's so ridiclously hot there in august me thinks i wouldn't want to be cleaning mobile homes + i'd rather be by a pool.... you have to choose the site carefully, some of them get so many overnighters and there's loads to be cleaned every day. i would really love brittany- spent quite a few holidays there when i was younger, the weather is good, but not unbearable + i feel i at leats know the area. if i could choose any site it would be camping de 'orange in Quimper in brittany... but that's just being too fussy.

lou xxx

Best one we stayed at was Le Ranc Davine - in the Ardeche.
Second best would have to be Duinrell in Holland - it's got a theme park.
We stayed at Baia Domizia last summer - it was way too hot, although the sings by the pool were fun chi hua hua etc. but there were loads of ants and lizards too
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads