Turn on thread page Beta

i am doing course work and have data that is unrelated, and i believe to be interval??????

the test was for recall at diff levels of processing- so there are recalled word results and incorrect results for every participant in each of the 3 conditions.
    i want to comapare two conditions at a time to find if there is a significant difference between the 2.

what test sholud i use- unrelated t-test or man-whitney u???
    is my data definately ordinal?

its an emergency deadline looming.
    thanks

sorry that should be is data definately interval???
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its sounds like ratio data to me as you cant get a minus number of answers correct. Unless you are taking one set of scores away from another when it is possible to get a minus number, then it would be interval. Basically, if the data has a true zero point, it is ratio but if it can have minus numbers, it is interval.

I think you are using a repeated measures design as all of the participants are doing all three tests, which would suggest you need to use the related t-test.

Hope that helps.

Helen Brownsell

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.