do universities notify offers and rejections at same time?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
savills
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, does anyone know whether admissions tutors send out offers first then deal with rejections after? My friend applied after me and has already had an offer for the same course i applied for, but i haven't have heard anything, does that mean ive been rejected?: :confused:
Katt-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm presuming that its the same uni your friend has got an offer from but you haven't heard from. It doesn't mean you've been rejected yet - they would have told you. It's probably that you are on the 'maybe' pile & they will get back to you when they have had more/all offers in. I wouldn't worry about it though, at this stage no news is good news i'm sure you'll be fine xx
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unis have to consider all applications received before January 15th. That means they tend to only give out offers to the amazing candidates, or rejections to the really bad ones. If they're not sure they'll wait to see what the other applicants are like.

Or they could have a different way of looking at applications that isn't alphabetical. My sister sent out their results in "distance from the university" (although this was actual exam marks, not application related). They may use alphabetical order or something.
studentincovid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by savills)
Hi, does anyone know whether admissions tutors send out offers first then deal with rejections after? My friend applied after me and has already had an offer for the same course i applied for, but i haven't have heard anything, does that mean ive been rejected?: :confused:
Hi! May I ask, did you get an offer in the end?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni’s use countless ways to order the decisions they send out. It’s not worth trying to fathom out because you could just be stuck in someone’s In Tray and there’s no connection with the fact that some offers have gone out.

If you have not received a decision, you are still in the running.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
14.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.92%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.03%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.74%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.21%

Watched Threads