The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
to Liverpool I mean!
apart from getting student views...why don't you actually go down there for yourself....as you may find it different to other people...

eg.. loads of people say liecester (sp) is awesome....I think its a crap hole
It depends entirely on what you want from a city.
Reply 4
Apparently it's a very nice place to live - it has a great uni, friendly city and it's a multi-cultural place, where everyone lives in harmony! :rolleyes:

No, but seriously, people have said it's a very nice place to settle down
Reply 5
Original post by infernalcradle
apart from getting student views...why don't you actually go down there for yourself....as you may find it different to other people...

Leicester* :cool: and yes, I totally agree
Original post by jojosephine
I think I would like to move...

Depends... how attached are you to your car stereo?
Reply 7
The uni is fantastic, I can vouch for that :smile: Living seems to be pretty good aswell. I commute but my friends that live in say its amazing as its never short of night life and the accommodation is good also :smile: Of course if you aren't a student there you will have a different experience :smile:
Reply 8
If you like being stabbed and don't mind scouse :P haha jk

Its not great, there are nicer places around, but its not bad. its kind of middle. Better than manchester and birmingham. Worse than edinburgh and oxford etc.
Original post by infernalcradle

You're not alone, it is an absolute ****e hole.

OP: Don't take advice from people who have actually not been to the Liverpool area.
I want to move to Liverpool after I graduate! It's in a great location, it's big enough to have everything you could need and reasonably cheap. I love the accent too, and being around it all the time would make me happy.
Reply 11
I live in St. Helens, it's like 20 minutes away from Liverpool & I absolutely love the city! The night life, the people! I've also applied to Liverpool Uni!
But yeah, apart from the stereotypical- ''eyyyyy derr mayte you got a light lykkk'' everything else is amazing, IMO.
Original post by ArtGoblin
I want to move to Liverpool after I graduate! It's in a great location, it's big enough to have everything you could need and reasonably cheap. I love the accent too, and being around it all the time would make me happy.
"after I graduate"

here's the problem. Liverpool is great to live in, imo, but it's NOT great to find a job in. Especially graduate ones.
Original post by Llamageddon
"after I graduate"

here's the problem. Liverpool is great to live in, imo, but it's NOT great to find a job in. Especially graduate ones.

Ideally I would like a public sector job, so I would have as much chance of finding a job as anywhere else. And Manchester isn't too far a commute.
Reply 14
Liverpool has great nightlife and a good student community, but job prospects are bleak.
Try Manchester instead.
Reply 15
its a **** hole. the student areas are run down and populated with high crime and immigrants .

Its not multicultural at all - 90 per cent are white Christians. from Wikipedia

the rich areas are nice, but I dont know if you can afford to live in them. The rich areas are also close to the city centre fortunately.

the city centre is awkward to walk around, lots of bits here and there.
the art galleries are good.
a good cathedral.
some nice architecture.
Reply 16
If you don't like the Irish, I recommend not coming. If you don't mind them then it's a pretty great place to live :smile:.
Have you ever actually lived in Liverpool?
Reply 18
Original post by Georgiaxxc
Have you ever actually lived in Liverpool?

Don't bump 8yr old threads please.
i would definitely recommend adding Liverpool Student Nights on snapchat as they provide information about whats on throughout the year and you can get on guestlist which will save you so much money on nights out!!!
their snapchat name is studentnightsl
i would definitely recommend adding them

Latest