The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by rainbow drops
Where did you get this info, or is it just assumed from last year's recruitment process? I'm really confused, because I thought that there would be a whole assessment centre day for those who pass the first AC test, but the website seems to suggest otherwise because it only mentions one AC:

"We will have contacted all applicants regarding the first stage of the ngdp by friday 9th March 2012
If your application is successful you will be invited to an assessment centre in April 2012.
There will then be a round of interviews in May / June 2012 to decide the final intake."

I really wish there was a little more, er, clarity and organisation to this whole thing :s-smilie:

They mentioned the second full day AC at the London assessment centre.
ajs12345
x

Original post by GdotL
They mentioned the second full day AC at the London assessment centre.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by lscib
is anyone doing the afternoon session in coventry want to share a taxi from the train station?

Yeah! I'll PM you! (when I work out how to do that)
I phoned them and was told that dress was not formal. I went in smart shirt (no tie) and trousers. Saying that, most people at the AC were dressed formally. Good luck.
I've just dropped out of Friday's assessment centre due to accepting a position as a Bridal Consultant :smile: huge difference in career I know!

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 425
Original post by Vanilla*Pod
I've just dropped out of Friday's assessment centre due to accepting a position as a Bridal Consultant :smile: huge difference in career I know!

Good luck everyone!!

Haha wow, a paid job I'm assuming - what does that even involve?
Reply 426
Original post by fivebyfive
I phoned them and was told that dress was not formal. I went in smart shirt (no tie) and trousers. Saying that, most people at the AC were dressed formally. Good luck.

How did you find the task? :redface:
Reply 427
Original post by ajs12345
It's more an assumption. There are two AC stages (with stage one being done at the moment), and almost definitely the final interview with the selected authority.

This just seems the logical way forward based on previous years and the info this year...

Well last year we had one AC towards the end of March and then Local Authority Interviews in May/June time. Info days are after the assessment centres...which I guess makes sense given that it can act as a revision tool. Although for me as a deferral, the latest (albeit grudging advice) I got from Ami Beeton was to sit and be patient.

I'm a very impatient guy...
I've cancelled my place at AC tomorrow as I've accepted a place on the NHS graduate management training scheme. Good luck to you all :smile:
I'm glad other people in this thread didn't do much maths during the test either, because I barely did any and didn't end up even needing the calculator. Was worried I'd made some kind of huge oversight.

I thought it was okay (I finished, at least) but what I wrote could have been far more organised, and I realised afterwards that I barely wrote anything in the way of a timescale apart from suggesting a deadline, which we were told to do anyway. Ah well!
Reply 430
Original post by rainbow drops
I'm glad other people in this thread didn't do much maths during the test either, because I barely did any and didn't end up even needing the calculator. Was worried I'd made some kind of huge oversight.

I thought it was okay (I finished, at least) but what I wrote could have been far more organised, and I realised afterwards that I barely wrote anything in the way of a timescale apart from suggesting a deadline, which we were told to do anyway. Ah well!

I remember doing a task last time and I was so nervous I had to ask her, "Before we start, I just need like 5 minutes to breathe!", the assessor just burst out laughing and sort of pitied me.

Hopefully you've pulled through!
Reply 431
Did anyone get a firm date by which we will hear back from this first AC?
They said the 11th May at the Coventry morning session. So at least we know when to start worrying!
Reply 433
Ah great, thanks!
Reply 434
In regards to them paying back travel expenses, does anyone know when this will happen? I submitted my form the day after the London events and haven't even got an email back to let me know if they recieved it...
Original post by Y'crik
In regards to them paying back travel expenses, does anyone know when this will happen? I submitted my form the day after the London events and haven't even got an email back to let me know if they recieved it...

I have no idea when we'll be paid back, but I completely forgot about expenses. Thanks for the reminder!
I got an e-mail entitled 'NGDP Update' that said we would hear the outcome of the first stage of assessment by Friday 4 May.
Reply 437
Original post by HighestKungFu
I got an e-mail entitled 'NGDP Update' that said we would hear the outcome of the first stage of assessment by Friday 4 May.

No need to post generic emails here lol!
Original post by GdotL
No need to post generic emails here lol!

Lol I posted it just in-case some people didn't receive it or weren't aware of the date! :tongue:
That email gave me a heart attack :colonhash: on Gmail, I couldn't tell what it was going to say until I opened it, so I thought it was the assessment centre decision. I'd literally just come out of a three hour exam when I saw it, too, so it wasn't exactly the best timing!

Quick Reply

Latest