The Student Room Group

Pro Plus: good idea or bad idea?

I am considering possibly getting some, just to have for the next 3 weeks or so. I'm working on 3 essays and two dissertations see, and I'm not sure whether to try performance-enhancing drugs or just man up and get the **** on with it.

Questions:
-Does it actually make more able to concentrate? Or just feel more alert?
-Would the effects be different from simply drinking more caffeine in tea?
-Will from The Inbetweeners **** himself in an exam on this... what does it do to your digestive system really?

Experiences please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should only need caffeine if you have to work late. This usually arises from being overworked due to bad time management. There are plenty of hours in the day and no real reason to work over the night.

Be more organised is my suggestion.

EDIT: Lawl people can't accept the truth? I often have to stay up late but I don't deny this isn't the reason for it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I always have a pack in my drawer at work. They don't make you concentrate more (in my experience), they just wake you up. Probably nothing a strong cup of coffee wouldn't fix, but I'm not a fan of hot drinks. I haven't had any digestive "issues" and at one point I was having to take quite a lot of them.
Ritalin.
Reply 4
Caffeine is horrible. It wakes you up but you feel horrible and tired still. Manage your time more effectively instead.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Ritalin.

which is illegal...
Reply 6
Modafinil, not more caffeine.
Reply 7
It won't help concentration, it'll just make you wake up. I once ate 9 and ran around the kitchen with a chair on my head.
Reply 8
Personally they never seem to do anything for me, but I never feel an effect off red bull either. One of my friends takes about 5 before a night out...they never seem to do her any harm...
Original post by Broderss
It wakes you up but you feel horrible and tired still.

lol wut?
Reply 10
Pro Plus is just caffeine, it doesn't really need any special consideration. Would you make a thread on TSR before making a cup of coffee?

Modafinil on the other hand...
I chew nicotine gum to help me concentrate before and during exams. I am not a smoker and I am not addicted. I only feel the need for it during these times.
Original post by doodle7
Personally they never seem to do anything for me, but I never feel an effect off red bull either. One of my friends takes about 5 before a night out...they never seem to do her any harm...

They seem to have a delayed effect for me when taken with alcohol. If I take any past abut 9 they keep me wide awake for the rest of the night. Its nice to be in a club and not feel tired but it sucks laying wide awake in bed afterwards for hours on end. Haha.
Read the back of the Pro-Plus pack. it mentions it may cause diarrhea :P But i'd assume that's only after taking a fair amount of them.

Why do you have so much work and only 3 weeks to do it in, did they lump it all on you...or did you leave it all till now?:P
give them a go if you want. they seem to have exactly the same effect as drinking coffee. don't expect miracles. or how about you just get more sleep, don't over excercise and don't party late or exhaust yourself with physical work.
Pro Plus *shudder* I took one (just ONE) and felt my heart racing. Then again, I don't drink tea or coffee, so maybe I'm really sensitive to caffeine. Never again.
Reply 16
Original post by ritchie888
lol wut?

Have you never had Caffeine? You still get that horrible tired feeling without actually being tired.
I ate a whole packet once and felt nothing.
I had 3 espressos with dinner and it's really a struggle to focus on getting any work done this evening.
Original post by tomheppy
which is illegal...

So?

Latest

Trending

Trending