Does anyone out there Mind Map? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sparkly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi! Does anyone out there use mind maps to study? I was just wondering, as I'm thinking of trying them out when I embark on my degree in October. I've read all the Tony Buzan material- I just never got started in actually trying them!!
Well... if it makes studying easier!!!!

:-)
Bond
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sparkly)
Hi! Does anyone out there use mind maps to study? I was just wondering, as I'm thinking of trying them out when I embark on my degree in October. I've read all the Tony Buzan material- I just never got started in actually trying them!!

No. But is it complicated? I heard it being recommended for people with dyspraxia ( a learning difficulty) and such like. Does it work?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, I never did, so much wasted time colouring in....

I tended to just copy out my notes, making them shorter each time, and they just sank in
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Actually I did for the final biology exam last year. This was after I had revised everything. All the information was in my head, but it was in a jumble, so the minds maps helped me put the stuff into something that I could see clearly in my brain. I'm a visual learner so it did indeed help.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
funny you should post this....

We were taught mind maps in year 8, and I thought there were a complete waste of time. Then just last week (now in upper 6thform) I did a complete mind map for my transport economics revision.

Are they any good? Ill tell you when I get my results
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I tried them for some of my GCSE things, but they didn't really work - too convoluted for me. I know all the crap about how only 10% of your memory is for linear information and stuff, but that's the way I learn things best!

I also have a ridiculous number of mnemonics to help me learn anatomy - Some Couples Try Positions That They Can't Handle, and various ones like that (a prize for anyone who can tell me what that one is a mnemonic for!)
ANGELSP
Report 16 years ago
Hello ...
I dont use mind map pictures because i don't understand it very well ...
I find beautiful but without meaning.
I use an alternative technique that gives me very good results.
This technique is "Mind Graph" and it seems to be that it is good to solve problems in an effective way and it is no necessary to use loud colors.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Is that what happens to wastrels that take mind-expanding drugs = a 'trip' as it were?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (233)
61.48%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.49%
No- I want it (104)
27.44%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.6%

Watched Threads