Tony Blair pm for only 1 more week? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eámanë
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
do u think he will give up his post at pm at the poll for the uni fees and the report out next week?
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no, hes rumoured not to be blamed for david kellys death.

i think with maybe a few more omissions/tweaks to the tution fees bill he will get it through.

the opposition requires all the conservatives, lib dems and 81 labour Mps to vote against for him to lose
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, unless the Hutton inquiry accuses him of secretly flying back into the country and murdering whatsisface himself.

Hoon will go though.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eámanë)
do u think he will give up his post at pm at the poll for the uni fees and the report out next week?
i really do not think so !!!
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I bloody well hope so. Sadly the reality looks far more inevitable.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why would anybody want him to go. If somebody gave me a video tape of him sticking an axe in Dr Kelly's head I'd still be happy for him to be my prime minister because who's going to replace him? We might end up with a George dubya like the poor yanks have.
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Why would anybody want him to go. If somebody gave me a video tape of him sticking an axe in Dr Kelly's head I'd still be happy for him to be my prime minister because who's going to replace him
The tories.

If you really want to know why anyone would want him to go then please run a search for the thread the ultimate political discussion. Everything is there.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
The tories.

If you really want to know why anyone would want him to go then please run a search for the thread the ultimate political discussion. Everything is there.

But they wont though will they because they are never going to be voted in. In fact if he goes next week then he'll be replaced by another labour man. Why would this guy be as good as or better than our Tony.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Hutton report will probably be very vague and if anyone will go it'll be Geoff Hoon. The top-up fees issue is slowly swinging for Blair because people are actually looking at the proposals more thoroughly and seeing that actually they make a lot of sense.
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That would be too good to be true... *sigh*
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Blair won't go. He's a survivor. A bit like a post nuclear war cockroach, only more hardy.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he has said he's go if the finger is pointed at him, but it seems kinda unlikely. hoon for the chop is more likely, if only for a scapegoat.

i must admit i havent seen the proposals for top-up fees, only the press stuff, which i dont really trust. can anyone give a brief, simple outline?
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Blair won't go. He's a survivor. A bit like a post nuclear war cockroach, only more hardy.
cockroach !!!....good comparison..............
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Lol! That was excellent. Well done!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If Blair ever has to quit (which I don't think he ever will), would there be a general election or would Gordon Brown or some other labour figure just take over?

I hope that there has to be a election because I don't think anyone actually voted for the "Labour Party" as a whole, people vote for the Tony Blair figure who happened to be on the Labour Party. So Tony Blair leaving the top role would massively change our opinion of the parties. I don't think it is right that someone can just step in to be PM because it such a important role and British voters do tend to vote for the best leader.

by the way, the top up fee issue is just annoying me now. If MPs can't understand that it's a much better system (or can't be bothered to read the proposal) then there is no hope for this country. Sadly I think they all understand the benifits and just want to be awkward.

Did you see Newsnight when tony blair looked bored and fed up about having to go over the same old questions, Ill-informed views and remarks that had nothing to do with the topic. Couldn't the BBC get together a audience that knew what they were talking about.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
If Blair ever has to quit (which I don't think he ever will), would there be a general election or would Gordon Brown or some other labour figure just take over?

I hope that there has to be a election because I don't think anyone actually voted for the "Labour Party" as a whole, people vote for the Tony Blair figure who happened to be on the Labour Party. So Tony Blair leaving the top role would massively change our opinion of the parties. I don't think it is right that someone can just step in to be PM because it such a important role and British voters do tend to vote for the best leader.

by the way, the top up fee issue is just annoying me now. If MPs can't understand that it's a much better system (or can't be bothered to read the proposal) then there is no hope for this country. Sadly I think they all understand the benifits and just want to be awkward.

Did you see Newsnight when tony blair looked bored and fed up about having to go over the same old questions, Ill-informed views and remarks that had nothing to do with the topic. Couldn't the BBC get together a audience that knew what they were talking about.
I used to have a lot of respect for Tony Blair even for taking us to war but now I just think he is a complete waste of space! and in answer to your question another labour figure would take over most probably Gordon Brown - At least hopefully.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I used to have a lot of respect for Tony Blair even for taking us to war but now I just think he is a complete waste of space! and in answer to your question another labour figure would take over most probably Gordon Brown - At least hopefully.
What are your reasons for disliking him?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)

No. The political assasination of a PM does not lead to a GA.

If the BBC got together an "informed" public it wouldn't be much of a show. Don't forget TB has to sell his policies to a "warts "n" all" public and not necessarily an intelligent one.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
What are your reasons for disliking him?
1. The fact that I am workin my ass of running up £30000 of debt to become a doctor to help this country and he wants to make it worse! If i cud afford it then yes fine but my annual family income is about £7000 a year! and what do i get? Full LOAN entitlement and my fees paid and bugger all else.
2. I think he is such a question deflectionist (made that word up) he never gives a streight answer to any question.
3. I think he is a far far far too firendly with that pathetic excuse for a president of the USA
do you want more?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Blair is safe in his role as PM. I can't see him losing the fee increase bill, and Lord Hutton was put in charge of the Inquiry as a Government puppet. I don't think the inquiry will criticise Blair.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1281)
79.71%
Leave (326)
20.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed