Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else interested in the proxemics of people, and other body language areas? I find it soooooo amusing! I did a mini course on it, and now i can tell how a person feels, if they mean what they say etc etc just by watchin what they do. hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    Anyone else interested in the proxemics of people, and other body language areas? I find it soooooo amusing! I did a mini course on it, and now i can tell how a person feels, if they mean what they say etc etc just by watchin what they do. hehehehe
    yeah i'm interested. can you give any examples?

ReputationRep:
    i am very interested...never did a course though !!!
    But by looking at ppl, i can tell a lot.and i believe that eye contact is one of the main areas !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    i am very interested...never did a course though !!!
    But by looking at ppl, i can tell a lot.and i believe that eye contact is one of the main areas !!!
    yeh eye contact is the major area as well as other facial signs. and the hands also.

on the course we did everything from eye contact, how you cover up lies, stances, how to tell if s/he fancies you/dislikes you, irritation, whos the leader of a group and whose least respected etc etc It was very interesting.

Like how a group of 3 friends position themselves and how we stand in a queue

ReputationRep:
    I tend to do a lot of people watching, like b ody language and stuff. its a really good way of creating believeable characters in theatre, if you can emulate specific elements of body language concerning a particular emotion

ReputationRep:
    how to tell if s/he fancies you/dislikes you
    do not really know this one...........can u tell me pleeeeeeaaaaaaasssse...or pm me !!!

ReputationRep:
    do not really know this one...........can u tell me pleeeeeeaaaaaaasssse...or pm me !!!
    jeez! HOW MANY threads are there n this already?

ReputationRep:
    well 2 obvious ones r where their body is pointing. if their feet are pointing it you direction (particulary in a V shape one foot slightly forward of the other) thats a good sign.the body will also face you, particulary the top half in girls (to show off obvious assets).

if a girl is to play with her hair or run her finger over a glass rim that is a very good sign. it is known as 'toying'. if she shows her wrist a lot its a good sign. Playing where her neck, particulary if bare is an erotic gesture she will so without conciously knowing if she likes you. the neckj is seen as a very eroctic area.

she will also tilt her head slightly whihc shows interest in what your saying. you will also notice she blinks slightly more than usual. in turn you wilkl try to catch up with her rate (not conciously). becuase they eyes are seen as a window to your soul, this is a sign of trying to make a connection/form a bond.

This goes for blokes to but in slightly less obvious ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    not about body language !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    well i dont no but i is queen of this kinda thing! hehehe

ReputationRep:
    well 2 obvious ones r where their body is pointing. if their feet are pointing it you direction (particulary in a V shape one foot slightly forward of the other) thats a good sign.the body will also face you, particulary the top half in girls (to show off obvious assets).

if a girl is to play with her hair or run her finger over a glass rim that is a very good sign. it is known as 'toying'. if she shows her wrist a lot its a good sign. Playing where her neck, particulary if bare is an erotic gesture she will so without conciously knowing if she likes you. the neckj is seen as a very eroctic area.

she will also tilt her head slightly whihc shows interest in what your saying. you will also notice she blinks slightly more than usual. in turn you wilkl try to catch up with her rate (not conciously). becuase they eyes are seen as a window to your soul, this is a sign of trying to make a connection/form a bond.

This goes for blokes to but in slightly less obvious ways.

thanx a lot.i think that should do !!!

ReputationRep:
    not about body language !!!
    700TH POST, WOOHOO!

erm... not about body language, but "how do you tell if he/she likes me" threads

ReputationRep:
    so what do people do when they DON'T like someone oh lumpycustard queen?

ReputationRep:
    thanx a lot.i think that should do !!!
    well whateva u need jus pm me!

(Original post by el borish)
    erm... not about body language, but "how do you tell if he/she likes me" threads
    its not jsut that. how to tell when peeps r liein to u. how to tell if someone respects you. how to show an interviewer u are confident etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    They run away. Or is that just away from me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol well thanks hehe

well the opposite of what i said ealier. position themselves facing away from you. rest their head in their hands when your talkin (be careful on this ones theres many different meaning to different ways). sigh. sit on the edge of their chair (like they want to get up but cant) scratch the area just below the ear... blah blah cud go on forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    They run away. Or is that just me?
    well theres an option

ReputationRep:
    lol well thanks hehe

well the opposite of what i said ealier. position themselves facing away from you. rest their head in their hands when your talkin (be careful on this ones theres many different meaning to different ways). sigh. sit on the edge of their chair (like they want to get up but cant) scratch the area just below the ear... blah blah cud go on forever
    VERY interesting. where did you do this course?

ReputationRep:
    its not jsut that. how to tell when peeps r liein to u. how to tell if someone respects you. how to show an interviewer u are confident etc etc
    no, no, i totally agree on that kinda stuff, i use it myself! just crap threads on "i think he/she likes me" all the time!

ReputationRep:
    well theres an option
    that would make me cry

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.