Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VampireWithSoul)
    I have no idea what to do!, to go back to uni next yr to do biochem, or stick with the cognitive science?, im 21 at the moment and im freaked that im not on the conveyor belt of A levels,degree,masters,job etc, which all of my mates are on; they have all finished their degrees and are travelling/working or are doing a masters.

I was thinking of doing a/s levels online, in maths,physics,{law or history}, i dunno wether do do my a levels again properly and try to get into a good uni, or try to do a A2 in business to improve my c i got 2yrs ago in addition to my d in chem.I worried that im getting older and drifting, but i dont know what i wanna be when i ''grow up''

Hmm thats led me to think about at what age do people grow up? Does anyone think they are a grown up yet or still an ickle kid? I have never really thought about it before. I feel like i'm not a boy and not a man in a way. Like Britiney "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" What does everyone else think, do you feel like an adult? Grown up? I'm 18 so in the eyes of the law an adult. I don't feel it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cretin)
    Hmm thats led me to think about at what age do people grow up? Does anyone think they are a grown up yet or still an ickle kid? I have never really thought about it before. I feel like i'm not a boy and not a man in a way. Like Britiney "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" What does everyone else think, do you feel like an adult? Grown up? I'm 18 so in the eyes of the law an adult. I don't feel it though.
    I'm in the same boat. I turned 18 this month but don't particularly feel "adult". Maybe I will at uni though when I gain much greater independence, but I'll just wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    i've still got 4 prescious months left before i'm an adult

ReputationRep:
    being classed as an adult is just a number of years you have lived. everyone has a kid in them, just some refuse to let it out b/coz of the number they r blessed with. in half a yr im 18 but im no way near it 'adult' wise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cretin)
    we all grow up but we like to think that we dont, its human nature. but when u put an 18 yr old next to a bunch of 12 yr olds u realise just how different u really are, its not just in the way we act but things we say, for example my sis is always sayin "its gay!!" but now it really really pisses me off but at 1 time i would have said it all the time, its not that everything is homosexual its just that 12 year olds dont have as much an understandin of everything as much as an 18 year old would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VampireWithSoul)
    but i dont know what i wanna be when i ''grow up''

(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    we all grow up but we like to think that we dont, its human nature. but when u put an 18 yr old next to a bunch of 12 yr olds u realise just how different u really are, its not just in the way we act but things we say, for example my sis is always sayin "its gay!!" but now it really really pisses me off but at 1 time i would have said it all the time, its not that everything is homosexual its just that 12 year olds dont have as much an understandin of everything as much as an 18 year old would

lol I always used to say thats gay or stop being gay etc at the age too! Oh the memories, its surprising how much we change. Thing is I know alot of people that still say it who are 17-18

ReputationRep:
    im half way there.

just wait till next year when i have to pay my own electricity bills- that will be scary!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    being classed as an adult is just a number of years you have lived. everyone has a kid in them
    like Jacko for example :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I'm in the same boat. I turned 18 this month but don't particularly feel "adult". Maybe I will at uni though when I gain much greater independence, but I'll just wait and see.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    The day I left school, I became and adult. I had a job, I paid rent, I paid for my own food. I lived in my parents house although they didnt live with me because they divorced about the same time. Now I've moved out, I am completely independant although before I was probaby 85% independant. I don't think the description of a child fits me anymore.

My friends who are on the School/college/uni conveyer belt still don't have a clue how to look after themselves, I know this for a fact because I live with one of them who still doesnt know how to wash his own clothes and spends half his time commuting back to mummy! :rolleyes:
    Some of them even pity me, when actually I pity them. I can look after myself and I need nobody.

It worries me that when I start uni (for vastly different reasons to the other plebs!) I will be mixing with people far removed from me in terms of maturity. Mature students are so called with good reason...

ReputationRep:
    The sad thing is, is i dont want to grow up...i wanna stay a kid...im dreading turning 16...i hate having my birthday so early in the year!

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine once told me that despite being married and having children of his own he never felt truly grown up until his own father died at which point for the first time he felt utterly, hopelessly, alone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and i'm not grown up! I'm growin tho i think because of uni! I DONT WANT TO be grown up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I'm 18 and i'm not grown up! I'm growin tho i think because of uni! I DONT WANT TO be grown up!

well then stop growing up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    well then stop growing up!
    HOW? pls tell me how?

ReputationRep:
    If you help me with not turning 16!!

ok...firstly dont hang around with people younger than you...thats bad it makes you seem mature and older.

secondly be an idiot! who cares if you make a fool of yourself...It kinda makes you seem cute...

oh and also go out with somone motherly...

.....and if i think of anymore im going to help you out Dave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    If you help me with not turning 16!!

ok...firstly dont hang around with people younger than you...thats bad it makes you seem mature and older.

secondly be an idiot! who cares if you make a fool of yourself...It kinda makes you seem cute...

oh and also go out with somone motherly...

.....and if i think of anymore im going to help you out Dave
    WOW Thanks!!! I do try to be quite crazy and that makes me seem immature which is good!

ReputationRep:
    well, I would consider myself to be in the mature half of 18 year olds but I do like to have a bit of fun every now and again. Like when I'm playing with my younger cousins for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    WOW Thanks!!! I do try to be quite crazy and that makes me seem immature which is good!

!!! working already! i love being immature too...i have younger friends who think i can be immature...which is good

ReputationRep:
    Grown up Eh, do we ever actually grow up, or just think we have? I expect life and what it throws at us make us what we are, which is why some 15 yr olds will appear more *grown up* than some 30 yr olds. Grown up in the eyes of the law is 18, but what it actually is, relates to lifes experiences, one who has experienced more will tend to appear more grown up than one who hasnt gone through so much.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.