Euro or the Pound...you tell me??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
What would you do if britain joined the dollar then?
Can't say i thought about that 1! errrr - I'd probably go live in the arctic.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
LOL, no! The good old US of A - I hope George W is gone by then!
To do true good for the country. Yes, American doctors are so well known for being selfless!!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
To do true good for the country. Yes, American doctors are so well known for being selfless!!
LOL! Very true! I hope to be retired by then so i can help ppl for the good of my soul as appose to the good of my bank balance.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nice to see most people are for keeping the pound...although, a clear public majority want no further European integration, so its hardly surprising.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
nice to see most people are for keeping the pound...although, a clear public majority want no further European integration, so its hardly surprising.
I'd rather see George W as a world president than join Europe and that truely would be the end of the world.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
LOL! Very true! I hope to be retired by then so i can help ppl for the good of my soul as appose to the good of my bank balance.
Well, you'd be about the only MD in the US to do so!
zizero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
The problem is that the majority of people do not understand the the Euro is really about European integration, and not about "economic tests", as set out by the British government.

It's ridiculous to say that Britain is "not ready yet" in economic. If joining the Euro was the right decision in political, then Britain could not be readier in economic terms. (At best, you could say that Europe is not ready...)

Belgium joined the Euro with a public debt of more that 100% of annual GDP. Is that what Gordon Brown would call "ready"?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zizero)
The problem is that the majority of people do not understand the the Euro is really about European integration, and not about "economic tests", as set out by the British government.

It's ridiculous to say that Britain is "not ready yet" in economic. If joining the Euro was the right decision in political, then Britain could not be readier in economic terms. (At best, you could say that Europe is not ready...)

Belgium joined the Euro with a public debt of more that 100% of annual GDP. Is that what Gordon Brown would call "ready"?
OI! Gordon Brown is saving this country from furthur catastrophy brought about by good old tony!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, you'd be about the only MD in the US to do so!
All i want is a house a nice car and enough money to live then my services are available for anyone who needs them most.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
OI! Gordon Brown is saving this country from furthur catastrophy brought about by good old tony!
I shoul have thought that anybody who aspires to practice medicine in the US would politically speaking find Gordon Brown as attractive as a giant slug.

You surprize me Daveo!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I shoul have thought that anybody who aspires to practice medicine in the US would politically speaking find Gordon Brown as attractive as a giant slug.

You surprize me Daveo!
Why?
I don't aspire to practice in the USA but if we join the EURO i will!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.theeurodebate.co.uk/ has pretty much all the possible discussions on the euro
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed